1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I understand attraction now

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Justasking100, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Justasking100

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think I get it. Attraction, that feeling of being magnetically drawn to someone. Something you can't explain. That's what I feel about my bf. That's what I feel about men. Drawn towards them. Therefore I'm gay.

2. appleseed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can relate to what you say. I think I'm experiencing what attraction is for the first time in my life. I feel it for the woman I fell in love with, and it's an amazing (new) feeling. Therefore I might say I'm gay. I've never felt this for a male partner.

3. Goldensun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's nice feeling truly and deeply attracted to someone. And I think we gay people are very lucky to be able to see someone of the same gender in that way. I think it makes us special and more open to experiencing the world because we inhabit a very different space from straight people. I remember the very first time I fell for a guy from the moment I lay eyes on him, and the more I watched him, the deeper my attraction and appreciation for him became. Nothing ever happened between us because I wasn't really out to myself back then, but he was so beautiful and everything that he did was beautiful.

4. Teach1

Teach1 Guest

That Is awesome! So happy that you have that attraction for your bf. I know I have fought that attraction for a long time. I have been able to have a release from the physical attraction through various impersonal outlets. I look forward to being able to have a deep emotional attraction like it sounds that you have.

5. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's great to hear you've found some clarity, Justasking. :slight_smile:

6. TravelerMe

Great post justasking maybe it's the simple answer many of us need. I still look over my shoulder with uncertainty but maybe it's that simple. Instead of always looking for reasons to go with the rest of the herd I just need to accept who I am attracted to and chart my own path.

7. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love that! Good post.