1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Physical attraction

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by LostInDaydreams, Aug 14, 2016.

1. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm interested to see if anyone can relate to this...

With men, I notice if they're generally good looking or dressed well, but I don't really notice anything specific about them.

So, with crushes on guys it's always been a personality thing, not a physical thing. Like I'd imagine living with them in a nice house, with children, etc, but not kissing them or anything. With my current partner, I took me about two months of dating to notice things about him physically (i.e. broad shoulders), so I had to think about it.

With women, I notice specific things about them straight away, which I always assumed was a comparing thing. Recently, the comparing part has started disappearing, but I don't look at women and think 'I'd have sex with her'. I'd still have to know her a bit first.

Can anyone relate to that?

2. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can relate to this very much. With men it felt like I was trying to find one I could put up with for life, a best friend to live with pretty much. It was another thing to check off my to-accomplish-in-life list. It does not compare to how I feel about women at all, where it is something I am really looking forward to and I dream of all the things we will do together etc. It is something I desire on a much deeper level, while before it was a very superficial thing.

I also get a lot more attracted to a woman after getting to know her if I find her personality attractive. Suddenly that one chipped tooth or her wonky eye is the cutest thing ever! :lol: That is the most important thing for me. But then there are periods where I guess I am just extra horny and I get turned on just from seeing some women. I don't think I still would be comfortable having sex with them right away, it is just a physical response to what I am seeing. Personality is and has always been the most important thing for me.

3. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think this is true for me too.

:lol:

I sort of relate to this. I get more turned on by thoughts about women though, which has made questioning frustrating in more ways than one!

For me, personality is more importance. So, I don't think I'll ever have any major celebrity crushes, for example. I'm not that great on knowing who celebrities are anyway!