1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling a little lost.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Rebound, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Rebound

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ok I put questioning because I am married to a man. I have been for quite some time. I have always been more attracted to women but my parents were southern Baptists and when I met my husband we had a lot in common and it was my first real relationship and I though I could make it work. The problem is it isn't, and I know things will change and it honestly scares me.
    I find myself unsure how to handle things given the situation and I don't have anyone to really talk to about this so I came here hoping to at least get some feedback. I know things can't last like this but even if I find a way to leave I have another issue. Despite being more attracted to women I have never felt accepted by my own gender which makes me feel frustrated and worried that even if I am not married anymore. I still might not be able to connect with someone.
    Sorry to jump in with all this when I just showed up but this is where I am right now.

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Rebound! Welcome to EC. You are among lots of people here who completely understand your struggle. You are not alone.

I'm 47 and gay and am still married to my straight wife. I'm out to her and a few others, but have a long way to go myself. So, I've certainly been where you are now.

Please keep reading posts on this site, and writing to us about your experiences. You've taken a big step in even admitting that you are questioning your sexuality. In addition, your worries about being accepted by women are normal too. Take your time and share when you feel comfortable.

3. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, Rebound. I had a lot of similar feelings with realizing I'm lesbian. I have trouble connecting with many other women. I have found, though, that I connect with other lesbians well. And just recently, I fell in love with an amazing woman! There's hope. It's a hard road, coming out isn't easy, but it is worth it.

4. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Rebound,

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

I'm in a long term relationship with a man, which was also my first relationship. You'll find a lot people in similar situations on EC.

Keep posting.

5. nbd

nbd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I completely understand what you mean. I've never gotten along well with women, especially in groups. Never felt like I was one of them or fit in. I wonder if that's another indicator.

My husband was also my first relationship, and the only person I've slept with. We work well together everywhere but in bed, and for so long I thought it was my own anxiety, depression, birth control, ungratefulness...but I'm starting to think that I'm just frankly not turned on by having sex with men. Sigh.

I wish you the best. Please keep posting and sharing, you're not alone.

6. Rebound

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you all for your warm welcomes and encouraging words. It is nice to feel not so alone in this.