1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoos

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by afgirl, Aug 20, 2016.

1. afgirl

I haven't even mentioned this to my gf but am thinking that we should get tattoos. Nothing big, just something small and symbolic (that's my issue, I suppose) for either inner wrists or maybe feet. Not sure. I've got a couple of tattoos, but it's been many many years and I figured my days of getting inked were over. In fact, my two tattoos were pretty spur of the moment things and have absolutely no meaning to me whatsoever.

Any ideas on couples tattoos? I would really like it so that they are stand alone, but meaningful. Not sure why this idea keeps popping into my head, but figured maybe it's worth looking into. She only has one tattoo, which I refer as her lesbian tattoo because it's a female sign with the inner circle filled in with rainbow colors.

2. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    image.jpg I'm not big on tattoos, I've had piercings over the years but never got any ink done. If your looking for something original, it's going to have to be personal as well, I've seen many couples tats over the years but I've seen way more that have been altered or covered after a breakup lol. I would suggest something that is personal but not so personal that it will have no other meaning then each other if things go south.
    Some of my favorite ones I've seen are basically the same on each person, but one is the outline and the other is the filler, hard to explain in text, like one would be the outline and shape of a butterfly and the other would just be the inside of it without the lines ? If that makes sense, I can't draw worth a dam but I'll include a pic of one that I've seen and really liked, probably not your style but you will get the idea from it.

3. afgirl

Yes, I agree totally, matching but not too personal....for obvious reasons. I finally got on to Pinterest. Can't believe I didn't think about it earlier.

I could always go for the OITNB tattoo--the white inked forearm, "Trust No Bitches"

Ha. No, really would like something small and cute on the inside of my wrist.

---------- Post added 21st Aug 2016 at 01:38 PM ----------

[​IMG]

In support of project semicolon. A daily reminder to relax, love, be positive.

4. afgirl

5. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's nice

6. ThatGirlShauna

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there anything that means a lot to both of you? Any fandom that you both really enjoy? Or symbols that stand out?

7. afgirl

Not really actually. We're incredibly different...different backgrounds, upbringing, everything. It is by pure chance that we met and even more of a chance that we ended up together.