1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If there was a way?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Patagonia, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Patagonia

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you could take a pill every morning that would remove any self-doubt about who you are: gay, bi, lesbian, whatever, would you take it? Its effects would be permanent. No turning back. I know it sounds silly. No, chances are it will never exist. But if you could, would you? It just seems so many of us "later in life folks" carry this weight of self-doubt. The truth is there. Maybe just need a little help finding it. Me? I pretend to take it every morning in my coffee and it feels great when I do. How about you? Would you take it?

2. Tomás1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is no pill to take that can give you the confidence (or whatever it is) you long for. Authenticity is more about living the questions that stir your soul, than finding an answer that satisfies your head or your ego. They will never be satisfied. Only when you live the ride, even loving parts of it, can you find your path in the chaos.

3. Friesian

I wouldn't; but I'm kinda anti-medicate except in certain instances. But this would def be something I would sweat out, fight through, bleed for...if I fall short so be it but at least the victory would be owned by me. Much harder to lose that way :slight_smile: I hope you are able to work out what is inside of you; stay at it, don't give up and keep your eyes on the little victories. You'll get there~

4. afgirl

It's taken me a long time, and not even sure I'm done with, to understand who I am, but no. The process has helped me immensely.

5. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I wouldn't. My struggle is real. I believe this struggle is making me a better person. A journey of 1,000 miles begins with the first step. If this pill puts you on the fast train to the end you will miss all the amazing things that happen along the way. Are there obstacles? Yes. May you get a little lost? Sure. But I think the journey itself is worth it.