1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something Unexpected; Something Beautiful

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Friesian, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Friesian

So, after some reflection, I just wanted to write down something really amazing that happened. Totally unexpected.
    As a woman who has friends, there’s not much to figure out; we are open to our friends. But when we are also romantically involved or otherwise connected with a woman, there are layers, or tunnels that open up into caverns that have to be explored, searched out and appreciated in order to reveal what makes her who she is.

And she’ll only open up when she feels like it.

Some layers are like feeling your way through the darkness, with the walls closing in and the path unrecognizable; but if you press through, she has the potential of opening up into a lighted cavernous bed of flowers with spring water flowing through the heart of it. Ah, she shows you the path again. It’s an amazing thing to be loved by a woman, but so scary sometimes too.

This little incident below was humorous looking back, because that’s how she and I relate, but I’ll admit, the path got a bit treacherous and dimly lit when I was going through it. Sometimes I don't know how to step forward, so I just step...

So she flirted with someone in front of me, nothing unusual.
    I mentioned that she and I used to do that, but for some reason not much lately.
    She said I was soooo serious all the time and seemed too busy to play around...
    I called her out, bogus, she side-skirts, we half-smiled and she deflects again.
    (it's getting really dark on this ledge, nothing to do but keep stepping..)
    Told her maybe this ‘thing’ between us isn’t going to work cause she was too cray-cray.
    She giggled.

A wee bit later….

I flirted with her.
    She deadpanned.
    Who’s being so serious now? I said.
    She caved; I know, it’s me, I’m the one who’s serious, it’s not you.
    (mm-hmm)

…twist…

(hmm, let me think, as a female do I tone down flirting, stop being as playful, skip the animation when I start getting serious about someone? Is that what she meant? Have I been missing it?)

Then later on, being the emotional beauty that she is, she engages, feathers the connection between us and draws me back in, and then she said–

‘That band is playing in the outdoor theatre countryside, I mean, if you want to go. If you think that would be something fun for us to do….’

(ahh, she brought me into her lighted cavern)

So we went from ‘you don’t bring me flowers anymore, so send in the clowns’ to ‘I’m gonna make you mine and I’m serious about it so let me just ask you out darling’.

This was a huge step for her.
    It was our first kinda, sorta date; and it was lovely~

2. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great, outdoor bands are always a nice way to spend an evening

3. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You write beautifully. So romantic, so glad she asked to see the band - with you:icon_wink

4. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. Friesian

Stewie, yes there is something about being outdoors, live music playing, watching people relax and enjoy the day/evening. We strolled the paths around the park - it's a real calming effect which was a great bonding experience with her :slight_smile:

Thank you Orchidea and RosePetals :slight_smile: I'm sure to some it was like 'gag me now' haha! But sometimes I just can't help but get romantic about her - maybe because I don't have anyone to really share this experience with except those of you who read it on this forum. I want to share so many other details of the day, but I don't want to bore people - the day reminded me of the movie (can I give movie names? I need to read the rules!) where the two women are falling in love and the camera focuses in on little things; her fingers wrapped around the steering wheel, the curl that falls just out of place over her ear. These little things fascinate me about her right now! And I was thinking how, if I had gone with anyone else, it would have been fun, but not the same - maybe we are falling in love? She refers to things with 'us' and 'we' like we are already a couple...it's so sweet. She was already planning our next date before this one was over - and she kept thinking of other things to do so we didn't have to end it. At one point when we knew it was time to leave she said, 'I guess this is the end, makes me kinda sad'. I felt the same, but I'm hoping we really can make the next date happen. She made me feel like it was something special to her :slight_smile: That means a lot to me~

6. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's so great to hear, and yes I'm a bit of a romantic myself, really hoping to find someone like you have in the near future. Sounds wonderful

7. Really

Hey Friesian,
    You can certainly mention the movie title but, for me, reading how you describe it is better. It sounds really nice. I hope it carries on. :slight_smile: