1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I worried for no reason?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Orchidea123, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Need opinions please.. Don't know what to think..

Few months ago my husband and I were sorting through basement items. There were instances when he was there when I was not.
    Fast forward to now - used his phone to take photos and went through recent ones to figure out which ones to share.
    I came across a photo of an envelope with handwritten address of my first real boyfriend ( sweet person, only good feelings) who mailed me these letters when away visiting his family.
    I kept them of course. This was many, many years ago, like 25 years ago?

Why did he take a photo?? If it bothered him, or questions, why never asked me?
    I feel sad.., don't know if he threw them away, and what was doing through his mind to take this photo?
    Haven't seen these in decades, and now feel like a part of me got trivialized into some snapshot on my husbands phone.

#1 Orchidea123, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  2. onlyhuman33

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is really kinda strange. I would advise you to take that last paragraph and say all of those things to your husband. In other words, you're asking all the right questions and saying all the right things, you're just asking all the wrong people :wink:. You should totally ask him what is going on with that, because that IS super strange. And then post his reply, because I'm dying to know what is up with that LOL!! Good luck!!

3. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Best option... Ask him

4. Friesian

I wonder why he didn't show them to you and ask you about them? Did you ask him if he threw them away, or why he took a photo? I hope he kept them for you~

5. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sorry guys, I failed all who replied - I chose not to ask him..
    Wanted to see if there are reasons for his actions that you guys can think of.

It would be pointless to ask him, since I don't feel anything good will come out of it.
    I can totally see him getting defensive, def an argument. I don't think I will get a true answer, and he would probably say he doesn't recall where the letters are, and unsure if they made it to trash.. Moreover he will be extremely cautious about me handling his phone (not trusting me).

He in general historically has been very jealous of my previous boyfriends, even though I dated long before I met him and it is really not my fault to have had a boyfriend.
    It's just that there is not need to photo the envelope.. I find it strange.

6. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, what info was on the envelope ? An address ? A name ? It's a strange thing to do, and I can't see a reason for taking a pic of the envelope, now if it was the actual written letter I could maybe see a reason. This is something so completely simple and innocent, it's obviously bothering you though or you wouldn't be asking us about it, this is a simple case of honesty, you NEED to ask him about it You don't need to be accusing him of anything, or demanding of an answer, it's a simple little thing and there absolutely no reason for it to be an issue for him or you.