1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want her to be my girlfriend!!!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by ThatGirlShauna, Aug 24, 2016.

1. ThatGirlShauna

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been seeing a really great girl since shortly after I came out to pretty much everyone in my life. We've been on a couple of dates and we talk every day via text. She is usually the first person I talk to in the morning, and the last person I talk to at night. And I like it that way. :slight_smile:

I have talked to other girls, and been on some dates, but never really felt that *spark* or connection. I do with her. She makes me feel like all my dreams are possible, and I haven't felt this hopeful in a really long time.

I know she feels the same way about me, as we've talked about our feelings for each other.

I really want to ask her to be my girlfriend, but I have never done this.... how do I do it??? Do I just ask? I don't want to ask via text message, but would kinda like a cute way to do it... help!

2. ConsciousRose42

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You could get to know her a bit more ...
    Not to dampen things but in my experience it's easy to run away with things ...
    But taking it a bit slower can be a good thing ...
    Also texting isn't the best way to get to know someone why not make a call
    Instead ...

If u have been on a couple of dates why not go on further dates and then ask her whilst you have dinner or something ...
    Or do something else fun ....

3. ThatGirlShauna

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, I'm not planning on doing it NOW. I'd like to go on a few more dates with her first. We do talk on the phone, just not every day for various reasons, and have more dates planned in the future. I was just looking for cute ways to ask her/make it official if it continues to go as well as it is now.

4. afgirl

Well, I think the conversation wouldn't need to venture into literal will you be my girlfriend territory, but you could do something along the lines of discussing the decision not to date others. Mutually deciding that you both do not want to see other people will work.