1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just out.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by makemehappy, Aug 24, 2016.

1. makemehappy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi all
    I last posted wanting to burst in July whilst away on holiday.
    Well last night I took the opportunity to tell my partner that I am attracted to women aswell. It involved alot of waffling, but I did it.
    It was quite late on and we were tired, so ther is more to be said.
    He wasn't shocked, but asked what I want to do about it, to which I replied that I'm not sure.
    Today Ifeel oddly depressed. I expect3d to feel liberated, or something alon those lines.
    I also saw the woman I'vefeelings for for the first time in 3 weeks, and feel allsorts about that. I wqnt to talk to her about my situation as she is gay, but feel very awkward, mainly because we are colleagues with the obvious boundary issues.
    I think thishas added to my depressed feelingtoday and wonderi ng what to do.
    Kind of numb.
    Anyone felt the same since stepping out? :confused:

2. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on stepping out!

I've had ups and downs since coming out, but I wouldn't change anything. The freedom to be me is priceless.

Best wishes to you as you proceed!

3. NewHaircut

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    First up, congratulations!

As for feelings after coming out, for me it has differed with different people I have come out to. I was expecting a huge feeling of relief and excitement in coming out to my parents because I had decided I'd be 100% out one they knew. It turned out to be a huge anti climax - while I did feel some releif, that was about it, no excitement, etc, just... nothing.

I'm only relating my story here as I'm sure it's perfectly normal for a range of emotions to be felt, from good to bad to anything in between. So it's OK to feel a little depressed. You did an amazing and positive thing, but also a huge thing. You'll be OK :slight_smile:

#3 NewHaircut, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  4. makemehappy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you guys for your support.
    I think my next step is to relax with my sexuality for the first time in my life, even at... er hum 51. My temptation is to rush things as there is a fear I will lose something, but not this - this can't be rushed.
    Again thanks.:icon_bigg