1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Changes and I Can't Hardly Breathe...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by afgirl, Aug 26, 2016.

1. afgirl

My anxiety is taking over, which isn't good. But....I have been offered another job doing the exact same thing I'm doing now at the exact same pay but without the long drive and crazy stress of my current job. Downside is there is a benefit issue, but nothing really serious AND I won't work at the same place as my girlfriend. But...we work in different buildings anyway and can literally go days without seeing each other at work.

I am excited, stressed...everything. I am terrified this will somehow affect our relationship. In the future, not sure how it will affect transfers to a different area. We both want to move to Florida eventually.

Anyway, so torn. Oh, and when I get the word and give my two weeks notice, my current boss is going to be livid. Going to be a rough two weeks.

I really can't breathe. Excited, terrified.....must not forget to take the Zoloft.

:slight_smile: Sorry, I'm all over the place. Hoping this resolves more issues than it creates.

Have a good day. :slight_smile:

2. ThatGirlShauna

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on the job offer! Personally, less stress and a shorter commute would be SOOOO important to me. Those things can make a huge difference on your daily anxiety and stress levels!

3. afgirl

Yes, I know. This will be calmer, more peaceful....I really just hate to not be near the friends I have come to really feel close to. I think I need to stop focusing on the future and deal with today. Today I am not happy with my situation. Change is just not easy for me.