1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Out!!! But they keep dragging me back in.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Hankster, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Hankster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Finally after two wives and 4 kids ...whom I love very much, I have outed myself to my wife and best friend as bi-sexual. I want to tell the kids next..."they are all over 20 now". My wife just told me after a month of being out that she thinks i'm just curious:bang:
    Now I have shared with her that I have had two relationships/encounters with same sex. Granted I was young when this happened. But I have been fantasizing with every relationship since. I just wish this all could be easy...
    Ever since I was 8 yrs old I have been thinking of the same sex. My parents may have known...."Chiseling Henry loves tommy" into our foundation may have been a clue...lol.
    unfortunately since that moment my family has instilled in me a fear of being gay/bisexual. Always with the degrading jokes and negative commentary. Then the military....oh shit!!!! what was I thinking; that was before don't ask don't tell. The miltary had gay men on contract to try and catch any potentially gay service men in a compromising position:***:.
    So coming out then was not an option for a coward like me:icon_sad:
    I just want to say for the record" even if it is just to you gentleman and ladies" I am Bisexual/gay. I love men!!! I love my wife also but that sexuality pendulum is leaning more towards gay today then ever. I don't want to lose her but I feel a deep need to be accepted for myself.
    I hope I can meet some friends On this site that can help guide me in the future...but for now!!! TY for being my witnesses to my self awareness(!)(!)Love and peace to you all.(&&&)

2. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hankster, I am a witness to your bisexuality declaration. You are 100% valid, don't let anyone tell you differently.

I'm bi too, and married to a great wife. Everybody is different, but for me, coming out has been positive and just a great experience. I've also benefited from volunteering at our local LGBT Center and by reading some good books. Right now, I'm reading Recognize The Voices of Bisexual Men, by Ochs and Williams. It's pretty good, and inspiring at times.

Good on you for coming out, you rock!

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hankster, Congratulations! It takes a lot of courage to come out like that and especially in your situation.
    I can relate directly to your military experience. I don’t consider you a coward at all! I consider you a Patriot and a hero. Thanks for your service!
    As a bisexual male who strongly prefers men, I spent 24 years in the military. In fact, I was in Military Intelligence, so I had to remain firmly closeted so that there was no chance that an adversary could get blackmail information on me – in addition to the worrying about my own military possibly trying to throw me out involuntarily.
    I wish you the best of luck in your brand new future!

4. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hankster

Hi. I am similar in age and just out to my wife of over 30 years for about 3 months. kudos for coming out. I am not out to any of our old friends and no family yet. So, I know how tough it is. I am out, pretty much, in the new town I just moved to.

I, too, am bisexual. I love my wife and we, actually are planning on renewing our vows. I asked her for this the day after I came out. So, being bi and married is definitely O.K.

The trick is how to get some gay in your life if you feel like you need it. I do. I started making gay friends, attending the limited LGBT events here (with my wife sometimes), and my wife allows a little bit of fooling around with other guys.

This can be a tough time as you work through this. It was the hardest thing I ever did. But, so needed to be done. Best of luck.

#4 Nickw, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  5. Hankster

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you adray... I cant wait to read the book you recommended :slight_smile: will friend you if I can figure out how to lol

---------- Post added 28th Aug 2016 at 01:43 PM ----------

Wow Ty Quantum,
    Ty for your service also. It feels good knowing that you are out there. I need people like you in my life. Again TY

---------- Post added 28th Aug 2016 at 01:47 PM ----------

Thank you Nick. Yes definitely some scary waters ahead. I look forward to hearing from you and maybe learning a thing or two :slight_smile: