1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tortured love: The woman I can never have.. Advise please!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by bibeauty28, Aug 26, 2016.

1. bibeauty28

bibeauty28 Guest

I recently reconnected this my childhood BF. We have been in and out of each others lives ever since pre-school. We spent our formative years (1 - 7 years old) connected at the hip. When we were maybe 22 or 23 (both the same age) she came out to me as bi. I told her I suspected forever and that I was too. We stayed up all night talking about it. She was the first person I came out to and vis versa. It was special. Even kinda intimate in the purest way.
    Now that she's back in my life after being apart for 7 years we are talking a lot and sharing secrets and really acting like no time has passed between us. It's been amazing.
    We have been sharing our female celeb crushes and talking about our sex lives and what we like in the bedroom in steamy detail. And it got me to realize that I have feelings for her. If I'm honest I'm pretty sure I always have. Even in childhood I think I had a crush on her. She was probably even my first crush.
    I can't get her out of my head and always find reasons to text her or send her funny things on Facebook... I even sent her a really sweet gift and a $7.00 card with a kind of sappy note and a photo of us tucked in the card. And now I'm having these crazy sexy dreams about her and I.
    She lives in WA and has a boyfriend of three years and I live in FL so nothing is going to happen romantically. Besides, I would never jeopardize our friendship by telling her about my feelings or going any further than that. Even though we are always in and out of each others lives she is a very dear and special person to me. She really stands out in my life. She always has.
    I just need some advice as to how to squelch these feelings and just love her as a friend and not as something more. I know if I don't cut this out that I will continue to have feelings for her and torture myself.
    I never thought this would happen to me; falling for my best friend. I hate it. What's worse, I invited her to come to FL and stay with me for her vacation. Although I'm pretty sure drunken sex with her would be amazing and something I would never forget I don't think our friendship could survive that.
    Someone please help! I want to end my suffering and protect our friendship.

Sincerely,
    Aubrey

2. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't been in the same situation exactly, but for me, passage of time and focusing on other relationships and interest helped. Best to you, Aubrey!

3. bibeauty28

bibeauty28 Guest

Thank you, Adray. That is good advice. Best of luck to you, too! I'm so sorry you're in the same situation. It really hurts...

4. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's actually been a number of years, but yeah, I remember the hurt.

You are a thoughtful and smart person, you really deserve someone great. I hope you find them.

Hugs to you, Aubrey. (*hug*)

5. afgirl

Perhaps you've romanticized your friendship a bit more in your mind? I don't know, but sometimes I build up someone or a situation and it's just not all that. I mean, wouldn't it be awesome to have found your soulmate when you were that young and have the whole "meant to be" thing going on and a fairy tale ending. The truth is, it's usually not exactly that way.

I could be wrong, of course, but in general that's human nature.

#5 afgirl, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016