1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Absolutely heartbroken- Hooked up with my first woman

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by caliwoman, Aug 27, 2016.

1. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I hooked up with a woman last night. Just kissed. But then I freaked out, started a fight and then said maybe we should be friends.

Then by this morning, I realized how I had been acting and told her I wanted to see her again. She basically responded that she just wanted to be friends, that this was a lot of pressure. I get that.

Then on the way home, I asked for a separation from my husband. My husband freaked out, wanted me to drop him off on the closest exit on the freeway.

Im more hurt over her. I get why she chose to just wanna be friends, but man...it hurts. I know it's a lesson, but with all of today...wow!

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear about how ALL of that turned out for you, caliwoman. I can, and do, sympathize with you.

As far as how she reacted, I know that it can be tough for 'out' people in the LGBTQ community to have relationships with people who are still in the closet and your reaction to her showed her that you weren't comfortable acknowledging your sexual preference openly. Dealing with someone who is not yet out of the closet, but wants to experiment or even have a serious relationship is hard for many people in the open LGBTQ community. It seems like your friend may be very wary, maybe because she has been through this before or simply because she doesn't need additional stress in her personal life. She may or may not be willing to work with you to go back to an intimate relationship - beyond the friendship that she is at least offering you, but the majority of work will have to be on your part to show how deeply you care about her and how you won't ever embarrass her again by denying your own feelings for her.

Just some thoughts. Maybe this helps. Maybe not...

#2 Quantumreality, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  3. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I spoke to her today. She did say she couldn't "read me" and that when she went to touch me, I'd squirm away. We were in the movie theaters and I went to hold her hand, but the old lady next to me kept staring, so I let go. She noticed and today told me she was beyond that.

She's not bi. She's an out lesbian. Everything you said does resonate. I'm just really hurting. First date, first kiss, then this. And separation from husband.

Ugh, what a day.

---------- Post added 27th Aug 2016 at 04:44 PM ----------

I just couldn't be friends with her. It's very tough for me to detach that way. She wanted to term it as friends but could be something more. Ummmm?
    Told her I get it, thanked her for the time together, wished her the best and told her I hoped she'd find the girlfriend that she's looking for...when I said that exact part, she said that it
    was "uncalled for." I don't get why.

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seriously, though, Caliwoman, (not that I wasn't being serious before, maybe just bringing it down a step more 'serious' now, if that's possible). You are hurting deeply and I really do feel for you. I'm primarily on the opposite side of the 'sexual fence' from you, but people's feelings are the same across all illusionary boundaries that society chooses to create. Relationships are always hard and you just dropped a bombshell on your husband and hurt the woman you have a serious crush on in a very short timespan. No bad on you, you were literally in the middle of a personal crisis/awakening. Now you seem to know much better who you are - which, to me is the most important thing in our personal lives.

I think what you didn't take away from you girl-friend's statements/comments was that she was leaving the door open to you. The comment you said you made just slammed the door that you have said in this forum that you really, really want to stay open. I mean, try to put yourself in her place. If she said what she meant (and I assume she did), she still wanted to be friends. You basically said "thanks, but not thanks." From what you wrote here, it sounds like you meant, "Sure, but can we still, maybe, possibly..." That definitely does not seem to be what she heard. You might want to consider calling her to see if she'll meet with you and explaining everything that has been going on within your and that your are feeliing in a heart-to-heart conversation. If she won't, for me, a phone conversation is the next best answer. And, if she doesn't want to do that, then a letter or text. But it sounds from your last post like she is hurt by thinking that you simply don't want to be her friend anymore, so she is probably still open to having a face-to-face with you. BUT if you do, YOU have to be TOTALLY honest, not beating around the bush and not letting your personal doubts intrude on your true feelings.

Just my 2 cents.

5. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thanks, Quantum. I really appreciate your replies. Yes, I am hurting, very much.

She and I def trigger each other. We had a phone convo and I admitted I couldn't be just friends with her. She alluded to us not hitting it off, but, we did end up making out. We had to try a few times to get it right, but by the last time, I was up against the car, her knee in my crotch area and me, moaning (sorry if that is TMI). She did end the night by asking me to call her again. Then that is when the fight part came in.

I guess we're just not on the same page. I get it. I don't blame her for it at all. I tried to ask her for another chance over the phone, but she just wasn't having it. Maybe she didn't feel as I felt. The first time, I tried to tell her I hope she'd find the girlfriend she was looking for. She replied that it was completely uncalled for to say that. By the end of the convo, she was wishing the same for me.

She's also not trying, like she did before. She would have called or texted back by now. That has not happened.

Now, here I am, bawling my eyes out. Gosh, this really sucks. LOL.

#5 caliwoman, Aug 27, 2016
  6. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm SO sorry about how much you are hurting and how this is currently working out for you right now, caliwoman. My heart goes out to you! You are not alone!

From your posting, though I don't understand exactly how it came to a fight.

But I hope you know from your relationship with your husband that every real relationship requires a lot of give and take on both parts. Maybe you didn't really try too much with your husband because your heart really wasn't into it. I don't know. Only you know. But it seems that you REALLY want a relationship with this woman and you are still in the early stages of really dealing with your own sexuality. Maybe she can handle that, maybe not. But you have to move forward as an individual, regardless, and just be the best you that you can be. Don't get hung up on your first same-sex infatuation, if that is what this truly is.

Take Care....

#6 Quantumreality, Aug 27, 2016
  7. Butterfly2016

Oh my gosh honey I am so sorry this has happened to you :frowning2: please hang in there. Remember you have a lot of friends here ^^

8. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thanks, Butterfly. Very heartbroken at the moment.

9. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You hang in there
    Besides all the red flags we've discussed, there seems to be some inconsistency, contradictions in her actions..
    You are picking up on her feelings not matching yours, and it also seems that she is inconsistent first asking you to change your behavior with your husband for her after very short period of time, then doing all this back and forth and backing away without giving it a chance. Imo you should be glad this is happening now and not months down the road..
    It is not a good idea to adjust your life to someone a bit inconsistent to say the least.
    You deserve a Lot better.
    I am sorry your first kiss happened with her, but you know the saying about frogs and princ( ess:wink:
    Please take things slow with your husband - he must be very hurt..
    I really hope you listen to yourself and make you a priority and try to step away from the situation with her.
    Hugs

10. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Yes, exactly what I was thinking. I'm very confused at the moment. My first same-sex kiss was a big deal for me.

Sadly, I think a separation from my husband is in the works because he doesn't accept my bisexuality.

With her, while speaking, she wanted to keep the door open. When we were kissing, she completely stopped because she didn't want too much tongue and wanted to feel my lips. I've never had anyone stop kissing because they weren't getting it the exact way they wanted, but okay. She paid for everything and commented, "See, everyone knows you're a 'bottom' in a relationship because they hand me the check." It was true, everyone spoke to her like she was the one in control and handed her the check at the end of it.

When I spoke to her today, I said that no-contact would be easier for me. She was offended and I had to explain that it would be so much easier for me that way.

I should have seen the control issues coming. She was always making comments about her ex needed helping financially and for her to just "put in on my card" or "She knows I don't have a problem with it, just put it on my card." At first, I didn't think much of it, then it became a trend. Then last night, when she made it a point to pay for everything.

Somewhere in me, I knew I was going to get hurt. I'm glad I didn't sleep with her, because that would have really hurt.

At the end of the date, she was asking me to call her. "Will you call me?" she asked a few times. Then today, a different version. I played my part. This entire bisexual thing freaks me out and I can be very hot-and-cold, although it isn't intentional.

It's been a long, hard day filled with a lot of pain. I can't wait until this new pain fades away.

#10 caliwoman, Aug 27, 2016
  11. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It will feel better sooner than you know it:wink:
    You may feel hot and cold, but this is totally not due to any of your behavior since you are who you are and going along with something you are uncomfortable with is not a good idea.
    Things you are telling me just don't feel right about her. I would be very uncomfortable with someone judging me as top, bottom, etc while equating intimacy to some payment for dinner. Not cool.
    I assume you've been married for some time - That is the part to focus on and try to resolve whichever way you want it to go.
    Like I said, no point in regrets about the kiss - didn't seem to be the real one anyway. Some day you may kiss a truly deserving person and it Will feel like the first one :slight_smile:

12. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Orchidea123! You said much of what I was trying to say, but more eloquently and from a different perspective.

I agree!

13. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Even though I know the red flags were present, like the never letting me hang up (she'd say "I'm not done with you yet") and became very quick when I was about to let her go (because I'm always dictating the end of our convo's, she said, although it was usually around at least 1am) and asking me not to sleep with my husband, who I was loosely separated from (trial sep, not official) and asking me to text her right after we had just finished speaking, etc. I just didn't wanna see all that and other things.

I'm incredibly hurt. I bided my time to pick the right woman and I overlook the countless red flags that I knew about and proceeded anyways (very typical for me, especially when I like the person) and got hurt. Cheated on my husband in the process. All for a woman, who the day before was telling me I really like you...I miss you...I heart you...and all the sweet pet names she called me. We had an at length convo and discussed triggers we had.

I'm absolutely floored. There's a big naive part of me that just doesn't understand people when I get hurt. I look at them like enigmas. I just don't get them.

In the mean time, my husband is driving around God knows where and I feel awful about this...the women I've been speaking to for at least 3 hours a night is perfectly content with this arrangement, and I'm hurting beyond belief.

I don't drink very often, but I need a shot of tequila.

14. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Specifically asked her for no-contact and said our goodbyes. Told her why, what I wanted and didn't want. Was very clear.

At 10:00pm, she text messages anyway.

I really need to stop being naive and just stop feeling bad for walking away from people.

15. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you need to delete her from your phone.

16. SweetSoulJulia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Newbie here. Just wanted to say that I do hope you're feeling at least a little better today. That's A LOT to happen in one day. I can't imagine the stress of being heartbroken after your first kiss and then revealing to your husband you want to separate. Huge. And I'm truly sorry it all panned out that way.

Not much to offer, as I'm heartbroken myself, but if it helps any...I was dumped after my first same-sex kiss many years ago. I was devastated because I really cared for this woman and we really connected.

I'm a big fan of no-contact when trying to let go. I have some silly things that may help? First delete her from your phone so you're not tempted to contact her. Try putting a rubber band around your wrist and every time you think of her or feel tempted, snap it to remind you of the pain she has caused you. I am doing this now myself. I even have a theme song...You Gotta Be by Des'ree. I have the song go through my head when I'm feeling weak. I dunno. It's hard :frowning2:

Hopefully soon you're feeling OK enough to deal with your husband's hurt. I imagine you dropped a bomb on him? I hope he's OK too :slight_smile:

17. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    She text messaged me on the same day I asked for no-contact. I was very clear it would be easier for me to disengage from the situation like that. We had been speaking for 3-4 hours a night for nearly a month and I didn't want to wait on her text messages or phone calls. So, that makes it confusing that when I said goodbye and sincerely told her I hoped she'd find the girlfriend she's looking for, that she felt offended by that. There should have been not one drop of confusion, because I truly was not being spiteful or saying it in a mean way: I wore my heart on my sleeve, expressed I was hurt, but that I understood her point of view and was being sincere and wanted the best for her. I said, "I'm not being a jerk, really, but I can't do the half-in/half-out thing and the easiest way for me to detach is no communication. No contact. So thank you for your time, I enjoyed speaking with you, I really like you, and I hope you find the girlfriend you're looking for and want the very best for you." That's when she said that it was completely uncalled for and out of line to say that.

Then at 10pm, just a one word text from her. "Hi." I do what I've always done and rush to respond, hoping she's changed her attitude and mind. She plays coy, not answering, and actually apologizes for contacting me. "Sorry, I know you didn't want to hear from me, so sorry for texting you." I knew better than to expect anything else. I go to call her because I HATE texting about things that are so much easier to talk on the phone, but when she answers, she's at a nightclub or lounge with her family and friends. Yet, she's texting me and answering her phone? Huh? She can't hear me and says goodbye, hanging up.

When I ask her what's going on, that she text messaged me, she just replies with, "I know." When I asked her if she's playing games with me at this point, because that is what it felt like, she says "No, stop it. It's not easy for me either. We've talked pretty regular for the past few weeks now, so sorry I know you asked me not to contact you."
    I'm honest and told her it hurt to hear from her, and she just replies (by use of multiple texts, but I'll combine here), "I miss you too silly. But okay, I'll stop. Sorry."

It goes on like that for more texts. Me, putting myself completely out there and trying to get her to admit the point of her texts. Her, responding coyly and vaguely, apologizing for even reaching out, although I'm not asking her to be sorry.

Her texts bounce back and forth from being sweet, like "I miss you too, silly" to "Listen woman, I had fun with you and it isn't easy either to just cut off so sorry I texted."

I never asked her to apologize. I never asked her to reach out.

One of her texts simply says, "I'm saying hi and I missed you. So there." WTH? How old are we?

I try and get to the point. Does she want to resume talking or not? What's the point in her reaching out tonight? She responds that I'm too black and white, and that she's gray. It's neither yes or no and as she shared earlier, she'd prefer to be friends (but did say earlier in the day that when we would meet up, it would be okay if I kissed her and/or wanted more).

I'm done at that point. I express to her that she doesn't want an equal in a relationship. She wants someone she can control and that I also feel like she's playing games. I told her she's too back and forth for me and that I don't want any further contact from her and am blocking her number. I do wish her the best in the future and good luck.

I spoke to a friend I met on here and she gave me some good advice. "Don't settle. You're settling. You're so desperate to have this experience to figure it out one way or the other, that you're settling for the first person you have any connection to, but who isn't good for you." She's right. I am settling and was desperate to have this experience to know which way to proceed. This only left me more confused and upset, because I did ignore red flags that were smacking me in the face. There's a lesson to be learned in this, but I'm still hurting.

I bided my time to pick the right woman to have my first more-than-friends experience with and this is who I choose and this is what happens? I guess I should be glad I didn't have sex with her.

I've contacted my therapist to resume sessions. Obviously, I have a ways to go when it comes to this.

#17 caliwoman, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  18. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    She is a player, let her go. Do Not call or text, block her, delete her.
    Read up on no contact advices online - will help you tremendously.
    Every person here has been right..
    Trying to read into her words and actions won't help, as the answer to all of them is probably the first sentence here..
    You will find someone complete opposite in their intent, approach and goal, and you'll feel 1000 times better.
    Hugs.

19. Poppy43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You sound to be a really nice person and this woman is just an absolute nutter. Theres miles better people out there than her who wont treat you like this.
    Like the lady above says just block her from everything and I'd look to meeting new people.

20. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thank you. Yes, I'd agree with your assessment.

---------- Post added 29th Aug 2016 at 08:11 PM ----------

Thank you for the hugs. I've FINALLY taken the advice of everyone and deleted her number. She remains blocked. Thank you for your input!

---------- Post added 29th Aug 2016 at 08:12 PM ----------

Yes, it sucks! Lol. I guess I thought my first experience would be different. I realize now I need to take care of other things, too.

---------- Post added 29th Aug 2016 at 08:13 PM ----------

Hi buddy! Yes, deleted and blocked. Sad. I wish I would have picked someone else for my first experience. Oh well. It's done now.