1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy, happy update

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Stewie, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haven't been on much at all lately, super busy with work and sending emails (!)

Anyway just quick, it's been 9 ? weeks now, or around there, everything at homes been great my loving and understanding wife has been on one 1 coffee date already(yes it seems early but that's ok) and has been talking with 2 other guys who seem decent as well.

But the bigger news is I met someone as well, and I'm all giddy about it... Haven't felt like this since me and the wife first got together 20 years ago. Hes a few years younger then me, has been out since he was 20, but the fact I've only been out for as long as I have been isn't even phasing him at all, I think mainly because we seem....(and I'm being very careful here, baby steps, making sure the conversation is going both ways, etc,etc)... Almost perfect for each other!!!
    Every email we send, we find something new that we both do and have done or we have the same views on basically everything, it's quite... Odd actually. Like even sayings that we use, quick example, this was via email, I was saying how I've had a "goofy looking smile" on my face since we started talking, well that was originally typed "shiteatinggrin"(which I use so often my phone auto fills it in) which I deleted and changed to the goof line for whatever reason. His reply in the first line to me he said he has had a "shit eating grin" on his face since we've been talking, like I said I'm all giddy lol.

Anyway Happy Happy (!)(!)(!)

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm very happy for you Stewie!:slight_smile: Sounds like things in your life are going extremely well right now!

A word of caution, though - and I'm not trying to throw shade - but the way you describe your new friend is like a teenage crush. I know that people that come out later in life can tend to over-do things and try up make up for things they missed out on in their younger years. I would ask if you've stepped back a minute or two to evaluate whether or not you are getting so emotionally involved with this guy so quickly that, if things turn sour, you might end up emotionally devastated? Or even that excessive enthusiasm on your part might end up scaring him? Just some thoughts.

I only wish you the very best!::eusa_clap

Take care. Stay strong and proud!:slight_smile:

3. Eab91

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :thumbsup:How awesome! It seems like you are both on your way to completely moving forward

4. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck Stewie! Do take Quantum's advice though and give it some thought. But I'm really happy for you!

5. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stewie, that's awesome!!! I'm happy for you! :eusa_danc

Also, it seems your wife is both being supportive and healthy in this whole process. That's great.

#5 baristajedi, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Baby steps" are important, especially when it's your first relationship. That's not to say you should detach and wrap yourself in cotton wool, but just keep your feet on the ground and pay attention to how you are feeling and responding to things.

I'm super pleased for you and it's good that you are moving on and maintaining an amicable relationship with your wife, just wanted to inject a note of caution out of concern for you and your feelings.

Very best of luck to you. Please keep us informed. :slight_smile:

7. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks all, I really appreciate the support and advice, I also just finished reading another 2 page email from him this morning, I should have mentioned we haven't met face to face yet, he lives 2hrs away in another city, but I think we're almost at the point where we have talked and shared so much info with each other we have too at least meet.
    I know where he works, so I'm thinking I may head out there and meet him on his lunch break, the reason for that is so we have an hour, enough time to "meet" but not enough time to do anything I/we may regret, leave us both wanting more? Hopefully lol. He is just out of a 2.5 year relationship as well, so even he keeps saying baby steps, and one of my many concerns about "dating" is getting hurt or seeing something that isn't there, or hurting the other person involved as well,... I was gonna go on lol, but I guess I actually have a lot of concerns. That's why it's baby steps. Period. The lead up to a date, I'm thinking is the first meet, above, then a group situation, he has a group of gay friends that get together for game nights, wine, usually cards like poker/rummy/crib. Then an actual date, just him and I. We both have busy schedules so this is probably be a 3week little plan, or longer even.

We have been emailing each other for 2 and a half weeks now, and every email I receive and send, puts such a massive smile on my face. Baby steps baby steps, Baby steps.

I think I will do a copy and paste post of a conversation we had on dating, a guide I laid out that even he said was spot on, especially for someone like me, who hasn't "dated" in 20 years lol.

Thanks again and I will keep ya posted. (&&&)

8. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Stewie

I have started seeing men. More as friends that have "fun". More than a hookup and less than a relationship. One thing I have found is that the guys are a lot different in person sometimes than the email chats and photos.

I am one of those optimists. So, I am consistently a little disappointed. I start to believe the fantasy and the reality is always a little less. This is unfair to everyone. I am happy to see your expectations are realistic. Getting together sooner, in real life, may be a great idea before you become so vested that it becomes a loss if it doesn't work out.

What is so great we are both putting ourselves out there with the hope of learning about ourselves and sharing with others. Good for you!

9. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Ya have too just throw yourself out there really, I'm not a person who makes the first move so too speak, as in contact, but every guy I've spoken too generally via email/dating sites I've made the first contact, I'm actually getting quite good at it already, the one guy I just commented on his hair do in his one photo and we have been talking via email for a month now, I look at it as you can never have too many friends!!!