1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally starting to tell my friends

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by At last im me, Sep 2, 2016.

1. At last im me

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi all I'm new to this site and it seems like it is a great place to chat to like minded people about my thoughts and ask for advice.
    I'm a 32 yr old female and have finally admitted to a few clode friends who i trust that I'm gay. I don't think many are surprised as most people have asked me if I am for years. I have always denied it for some silly reason and even had long term relationships with men.
    I have never felt so free as I'm starting to now and think I finally felt ready to be myself as I finally have the right friends around me. Most.of my friends are gay and this has possibly helped me a lot.
    It still took me a week from deciding to tell a couple.of friends for me to actually tell them I hinted but they didn't get my hints lol.
    Anyhow it feels so good to finally be who I know I truly am and have always known I should be.
    Off to my first pride soon and can't wait.
    Any advice from others in similar situations would be great. Since I have always dated men and tried to be someone I am not. I almost feel like my whole life is starting again. Scary but exciting too. I feel on top of the world at the minute and it's only going to get better I think .:eusa_danc

2. ssxElise

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I´m happy for you. :slight_smile:

I hope I´ll be in that situation soon - starting telling friends. But I do need to come out to my husband first and deal with whatever will come.

I´ve told my sister and a cousin that I´m a lesbian and it felt great.
    Being able to talk about your true feelings and who you are. It´s a good feeling.

Don´t have any advice for you but your thread just put a smile on my face :slight_smile:

3. At last im me

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks I'm glad I made u smile. Yea it feels great to finally be confident enough and trust the group of friends I now have to finally come out to them. My only regret is that it has taken me so long. Wasted some of the best years of my life pretending to be someone I wasn't. To be fair I don't dwell on that though as I'm so much happier now. New beginnings and all that. Good luck to you and I hope all goes OK for you x

4. prettypixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good luck! I came out as bisexual in July. Its been a bit rough but I'm happy I did it. I've only told two friends and my husband so far but I'm going to work on more.

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, At last im me!:slight_smile:

A lot of people on this site waited for a long time before Coming Out, Coming Out to a limited number of people, or haven't even Come Out at all yet. Everyone has their own personal reasons based on their own situations and comfort level. And, of course, society at-large still says that our LGBTQ+ preferences/feelings/desires/etc are not 'normal.' BS, of course, because we know that we were born the way we are, so it is totally 'normal.'

On this site, you can 'just' be yourself and 'listen' in on threads, make comments, ask honest, straightforward questions, or express anxieties without incrimination or adverse recourse.:smilewave