1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to spend the day....

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by crazydog15, Sep 3, 2016.

1. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a good problem to have.

When you've spent all your time, even at work, or at school, or with family, trying to kill off your sexuality, and now you're not trying to do that anymore, how do you spend your days...? Again, of all the problems to have, this is a good one. I spend my Saturdays sometimes wondering what exactly to do... I used to spend my Saturdays alone and home, trying very hard to stay alone at home, and now, out of sheer habit, I guess, I'm still home and alone and online, but finally I'm wondering, is this really what I want to be doing...? This existence isn't exactly fulfilling; what else is there...?

2. Krater

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    could be in finding an activity that you like doing and then looking for a group of people who enjoy that same activity. Gay groups - walking, hiking, appreciation, gardening, swimming, motorbikes (touring) coffee groups, art, etc.. they might meet every weekend or whenever
    Non-gay groups
    Go to a gay sauna every Saturday night
    Do you have any mates/friends
    Online gay dating - weed your way through the mix that just want a hook up (unless thats what you want), there are some genuine guys who just want to be friends
    Community groups
    Start a hobby
    What's happening in you lgbt community any interest there
    start a group

#2 Krater, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  3. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say it's a good idea to put yourself out there and communicate with other lgbt people, otherwise you're staying in and letting your lgbtness go to waste, and you'll end up being dissatisfied with the whole lgbt scene and develop a negative attitude towards it, while everyone else is out having fun doing their own thing. Get out of your comfort zone!

4. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for your responses; just so you know, there are no LGBT groups in my area, so those are just not an option.

But I will be looking for groups and activities that aren't especially for LGBT people.

5. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Go out and exercise some. Get a bike and join a biking group. Hot guys and tight shorts. You'll understand!

6. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It depends on my plans. Today, I slept super late, got on EC, now I'm at my sister's apartment watching the Alabama football game. I'm spending the night with her and she's taking me to my friend, Rachel's, new house tomorrow. She's having a pool party and I'm going over there early to help her set it up. I'm spending the night with her, as well, since I'm off Monday (Labor Day Holiday).

Next weekend I'm going to my best friend, Mary's, house. We usually watch horror movies and hang out. It's so fun. :slight_smile:

I also play Pokémon Go with my sister and her boyfriend. We drive around, taking gyms and catching Pokémon. We also park the car near a lure and walk around the pond at our local park.