1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Every day gets harder. :(

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by hexamum, Sep 6, 2016.

1. hexamum

Each day that goes by without saying anything (to husband)becomes harder than the last.
    I'm really not liking living in this situation any more.
    And with each day, I like him a little less too.
    Maybe it's my brains way of dealing with it, but if it keeps on like this, i won't need to come out....we'll be splitting because of being too dysfunctional!!

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's time to tell him. You're unhappy and you shouldn't have to be any longer.

3. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is a very difficult situation to be in for sure. I can't imagine how hard that must be. As hard as it is, I think it is better to tell him how you are feeling. You have to be true to yourself. He is your husband and I'm sure wants the best for you.

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hexamum, I agree with both Anthemic and Confusedmoose that it's time to tell your husband. Keeping something like this inside is never good for you and it destroys the open communication that is so important in a marriage. Your situation is not unlike that of LGBTQ teens who hide their sexual identity from their parents. Often, they grow very distant from their parents during that time and it poisons the relationship - sometimes long-term or even permanently.

Even if he doesn't like what you would be telling, don't you think you owe it to him, yourself and your marriage to be honest about this?

Whatever you decide, though, I wish you the best of luck and hope that you can know peace in your heart and your mind soon!

5. Beth 43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Girl. Preach! It is time. Rip off that band-aid quick. Just say it, and get it over. You will eventually be so glad you did. This is the hard part. You can do it. You are strong. Life is too short.