1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manifest your desires into reality

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Orchidea123, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Title sounds too good to be true but some say it is possible..

Lately I really want something specific to happen in my life and am finding myself truly believing that it will happen.
    This crazy belief and anticipation amuses me, really.

Few things happened in my life that I would have never expected to happen, only I thought them up at some point, unintentionally, and sometime later they manifested.

I am not talking about stuff like: wanting to take a cruise or learn to how to cook. I am talking about stuff that happened on career and personal level.

Do you believe in manifesting your desires?
    Any manifesting and how do you think your mind and belief influenced reality?

2. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I believe that we live in an energy Continuum with the external world beyond the confines of our body. So when we build up enough positive energy in us we tend to attract good things in life. But beyond that I think it's very helpful to believe that the universe is a very friendly place and has a net nurturing nature, hence whatever happens is probably for the best. The thing about manifesting your desires is that it can be tricky. All that we usually want is not what we actually need. Also many believe that we can manifest only what is actually in tune with our spirit. So if we think of it , when we try to manifest stuff which aren't really in tune with our soul it might not happen. So there is a chance of giving up and letting go. So I have come to think of it in this way, our universe wants each one of us to grow , when we have certain desires that aren't really required the universe trys to show us the same by not manifesting it , so nowadays I tend to analyse whether I actually want what I desire and then try to tune in with the universe to manifest it. But for the larger portion I just let go and let things fall in place themselves.
    At one point in time I really wanted to come out and I probably needed to come out too , but I had no guts to do it. I simply wrote about it in my journal. I hid the journal the same place where I usually hide it and the day I came out , my mom went about dusting the region like any other day. She had come across the journal before too but hadn't bothered about it. But that day she opened it and decided to see what's in it. And a paper fell out. It was one in which I used to write therapeutic self motivation. She read it and realised that I'm gay. She sat me down and asked me whether it's true. And I just let go and said yes, subconsciously. I could've easily covered up saying that was put in place to make sure you don't read my journal and if you did, you would ask and I'd know you read it and I can guilt trap you. But I didn't. I feel I manifested my coming out coz I don't think I'd have mustered the guts to say it any time soon, given the background i come from. You know what makes it more weird, I wanted my coming out to happen on a 16th and incidentally that was the 16th!

3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Personally, I cannot stop thinking, even for a moment, about conquering the world with a robotic army and ending tyranny, savagery, horrific crimes, and barbaric behavior for good.

Lock up all the leaders of terrorist organizations and corrupt countries, take the most wise individuals from those areas and appoint them to be the new leaders, under regulation of course. When it's all done, start research on terraforming the moon into a wildlife sanctuary to protect species from further human-caused extinction.

For our current time period this desire is incredibly unrealistic, and even if we had the technology I'd need masses of it and more than enough followers to outnumber the terrorist organizations.

Since I know it won't happen I wish I could focus on something a tad reasonable more frequently. That would be to move to Canada out in a cold region, and escape these problems I can't fix. If I could afford it I'd love to live underground in a "bunker" type house with a roommate or girlfriend and a cat. Solar energy so I won't feel like I'm as much of a problem. I can't escape this age, but hopefully I can escape it's people.

4. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I absolutely believe this. It is beyond amusement...it's positively useful! My only caution is to be wary of what you ask for...but that is no new wisdom.

5. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am really happy to get responses for this post (!) as it is of more about our mind and spirit and meaning of inner power that is intertwined with reality of our thought and action.

What we want vs what we need and manifesting what is actually in tune with our spirit are awesome points, very helpful, thank you.
    If I apply this theory to personal interactions/relationships it makes a lot of sense. This thought process really helps.

Since we are on lgbt later in life: how do you think I can apply this to my relatively recent (~1yr) questioning of sexual/romantic attraction? Why did the questioning occur, is it really in tune with my spirit even though I feel like if I acted upon this, my world would crumble down (pretty sure)

Your story is awesome - thank you for sharing, it's amazing how something happens at the right moment and the right way, not a coincidence.

---------- Post added 10th Sep 2016 at 10:03 PM ----------

Kira - yes, focusing on something reasonable should be reasonable:slight_smile:
    You've got your whole life ahead to manifest!

#5 Orchidea123, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  6. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    BiAnnika - all the things I've dealt with in the last year are dominoe effect of innocent circumstances which occurred several months after I wished for some things, very vaguely. I should have been more specific when wishing haha