1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disgust of women's sexual organs and smells

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Markoso, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Markoso

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Last evening we were discussing in a group of LGBT males about how we came to realisation that we're actually not straight, how we've dealt with denial ... We pretty much agreed on everything, except on whether dislike (or even disgust) of female bodies, especially sexual organs (vagina, labial lips, clitoris), their smell and taste and, above all, menstruation (which can be messy, as it is well known) while we were in straight relationships, was a clear indicator of our non-straight sexual orientation(s). We couldn't reach an agreement on that! What is your opinion/experience on this issue? I would also like to hear woman side - lesbian&bi women and their experience&attitude toward men's bodies, sexual organs and their smell&taste during process of self-realization.

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've also met straight men who are disgusted by vaginas, and straight women who are disgusted by penises. So It's hard to tell, you know? They said that straight people are the most likely to be grossed out by performing oral sex on their partner regardless of what the gender was, which is quite interesting.

Yes, I do find penises repulsive, especially if mixed with a testosterone smell. Semen is probably the most disgusting part. I also am repulsed by other male secondary sex characteristics like facial hair, armpit hair (which women also have but thankfully most shave it off), broad shoulders, rough voices, and so on.

3. WanderingMind

I'm bi and have only ever experienced sex in a f/m relationship. I breathe my husband in on a regular basis, and I love his body. I love giving and receiving oral sex, among other things.

I have strong suspicions that f/f sex will be just as wonderful. I certainly have no aversion to any aspect of the female body, and no problem imagining what it would be like to smell/taste/touch/experience sex with a woman. My only struggle is that I desire to *know* instead of imagine... but am more than willing to wait until it's the Right time.

Men and women are both incredibly beautiful, desirable, and amazing.

I am so, so, so bi.

4. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Period blood versus jizz, I take period blood every time. Mostly because I cant stop picturing all the microscopic sperm wiggling around in there. It's like, when my cats had fleas, but a liquid. I imagine those beverages with the chia seeds in them, but the chia seeds have tails and are moving around.

Though I cant bring myself to say a dick is pretty, its kind of interesting. Like how it works, how it feels. I think about it more like an interesting toy than a sexual object, but, hey, positive. Exception. If im fantisizing or acting out something and it's my dick, then it's sexy. Someone else's, playful but not necessarily sexy, like, wonder if I can hang things on it and giggle about that, or, what does it do if I try this. Somewhere between interacting with a k'nex set and interacting with a puppy.

Balls feel kind of cool. Again, not sure I find them sexy exactly, but kind of positive.

Even when I have been in my most positive, enjoyable sexual situations with a guy, I found like his presence and persinality sexy, and the stuff he was doing to me was sexy, but my interactions with his body were like, oh, I think people like suchandsuch parts, or, I guess people like doing yaddahyaddah thing. Like, I had a very good time, but it was more like acting out what I felt like I was supposed to do rather than actually enjoying his body. It also felt like, I was really turned on by who this guy was, and his body happened to be there to interact with, but I wasnt really turned on by his body. Does that make any sense? I feel like I was enjoying the soul of him and the physical attention I was getting, but not really his physical self?

#4 Katchoo, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  5. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm bisexual so maybe I don't count. I've been turned off by scent from either. I've never been repulsed by the look of a vagina or a penis. I've never judged a partner on what's between the legs.

6. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am so looking forward to never having to smell the gross bathroom garbage around period time.

I was never grossed out by my wife's vagina, but I can't say I ever really enjoyed oral sex either. I was good at it though. :eusa_clap:

I separated from myself during it and was just an actor performing a scene.

7. hexamum

This is not something that's crossed my mind before, but now it's been mentioned.....

It's become more noticeable since I have come out of denial, yes.
    I don't like the male genital area at all. It's messy and not good to look at. I have aaaaalways thought that. Females, all tucked away nice and neatly. :slight_smile:

And smell, a turn off on most occasions, unless in the shower. lol.
    How can a guy, have a pee, come to bed/wherever and expect it to be sucked on like a lollipop??!! *shudder*
    And yes, Katchoo has the creepy crawly description of semen down to a tee!!

During my last interaction, I actually remember thinking "This feels like I am milking a cow".... *chuckle*

I'm a pretty oral kind of person. Love kissing, foreplay etc. I used to like giving oral to a guy, but not because it was a yummy penis......but because I was giving someone pleasure, if you know what I mean. I'd block out what I was doing and concentrate on them as a whole.

I've not had interaction, sexually, with a woman, but I can't imagine being turned off by anything as yet.

8. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with others that the answer to this question has little bearing on one's sexuality.

But for the record, I am a bisexual woman, and I love the look, the feel, the smell, the taste of both men and women (yeah, the sounds they make are pretty sexy too *smile*). Very orally inclined...the pungencies are different, but both oh, so sexy! Nothing disgusting here...and that includes during a woman's period...sheesh, basic bodily function! Yes, it's annoying when blood stains a sheet or towel...but it doesn't ruin the experience...it's *certainly* not a reason to forego the experience!

9. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to wonder if I would like giving oral to a woman. Then, earlier this year, I finally did, and I LOVED it. The vagina looks so good to me. It tasted and smelled exactly how I expected. But, it's not for everyone. To me, it smells musky and arousing. If a woman's vagina smells fishy, then she probably has a yeast infection or something abnormal (at least that's what my gyno said). This is TMI: My smell can range from smelling musky, to smelling like chlorine, and even smell like fresh rain. It's crazy. XD

But when it comes to periods, oral is out of the question. I will not perform oral, nor will I let my future partner perform oral during a period. The smell is terrible.

#9 Anthemic, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  10. Surutcra

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    This is the main reason I feel that I'm gay. I like everything else on a woman, and have gotten turned on by other things, but I'm just not into vagina. The "axe wound" description I've heard before seems apt to me, and I have an embarrassingly weak stomach about the human body in general. I can't even listen to someone talk about pulling a muscle without having to leave the room. I don't hate the smell but I don't love it either.

11. QuestionMark99

It's odd because I don't identify as bisexual - I'm gay - but I have and could easily again have sex with a woman. I just don't want to. I've heard some gay men say they physically could not and would not, but I can and probably even would given the right setting/person. There just would be no desire, passion, or real attraction involved. It would be mechanical.

But I'm totally gay.

12. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think both sets are equally icky, and I'm bi! Some gay people are okay with it (hell, some are turned on by them), while others absolutely cannot. There's more to orientation to someone's bits.

13. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Face it. If you think hard enough about it

Genitals are just gross.

That is why when you're aroused, blood flows away from your brain
    So you don't process how gross what's happening actually is

(This is a joke please don't kill me)

14. ThreeBears3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Being that I'm with a man I can comment on this, man parts gross me out unless they're on someone I love and trust. Lady parts are all well and good but in both cases kissing or going down on people.. Y'all better be super clean lol, humans are gross but IMO going down on women is much more enjoyable but I think it's more their response than actual anatomy?
    That said though I've never been like yea let's put my mouth on anything even kissing with men...things have to work out a certain way with the right adrenaline and then I don't really think about it. But in my experience if things are iffy it's a good time to move things into the shower. Everyone likes the shower.

15. Markoso

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    From above published responses one can draw a conclusion that there is no unanimity whether dislike/disgust of sexual organ's of opposite sex is an indicator of homosexual/bisexual orientation. I'm more inclined to think (but not 100 % sure) that it is an indicator of exactly that.

Namely, I remember an old friend of mine (he died in a car crash four years ago) who was a world-class womanizer and he used to exclaim many times: "Oh, my god, how much I love the smell of young pussy!" If you're attracted to someone sexually, that almost certainly also means that you enjoy smell and taste of his/her sexual organs. But unfortunately, there are so many people who are in deep, deep denial about their sexuality ...

16. findingjoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me too. I think women are beautiful but I don't like the actual sex part. It took me years to realize this, because i was basically closeted to myself. I have only been with women and there are times they smelled good 'down there'.

I had girlfriends who wanted to oral and I gave it but it was 'work'. on the other hand, I naturally fantasize about giving a blow job and like looking at guys parts.

i denied this for a long time but when I faced it, it made realize that I'm gay.

---------- Post added 23rd Sep 2016 at 09:07 PM ----------

Yes, and until I finally accepted myself I realized how much I was in denial.

17. Surutcra

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    This sounds a lot like me. Do you have crushes on any guys (either previously in life or now)? What is your next move now? Is it anonymous-(ish) experimentation or going on dates and such? I can't say the latter really interests me right now, and I'm put off by the thought of kissing another man or other types of touching. This is the part I can't really wrap my head around. Is this something that just changes like the flip of a switch at some point?

18. 333RosyLily

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmmm ... Interesting! I am curious about other people's reactions, too. I was reading a book recently that talked a little bit about how we're conditioned in society sometimes to be disgusted by our own bodies, anyway. I think it's getting better, but I think a lot of women are taught, or grow up believing, that having their period is dirty and gross, not something to be talked about. Again, I think that's getting better, but I can also see where the possible tendency to be disgusted by our own bodies could make it even more difficult to come to terms with lesbian or bisexual desires.

I had a conversation with another lesbian recently about what you're bringing up, and she had said she found all bodies beautiful-- male and female --but that she just didn't want to be with men. That said, I have a real problem reconciling my lesbian desires with this idea. I am still in the closet, still confused, still unsure of myself, and I sort of thought it "came with the territory" to be disgusted of the opposite sex.

For me, it's less disgust than it is just ... complete disinterest. I have actually really, really tried to be interested in men over the years, but looking at a naked man elicits no reaction whatsoever from me. So, for me, it's not disgust, but just ... complete and utter disinterest.

I hope I didn't ramble on too much. Maybe that gives you some insight. I find female bodies incredibly beautiful and sexy, and I'm still trying to come to terms with accepting myself and my desires. I've never been in any way disgusted by female bodies or sex organs, just incredibly intrigued ... Interested. :icon_wink

Thanks for posting.

Rosa

---------- Post added 24th Sep 2016 at 10:42 PM ----------

I second this. Very interesting. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I liked giving my boyfriend pleasure, but that was it. I really didn't enjoy it beyond that. When I realized I was only doing things to make him happy, I think that was part of what made me realize I was gay. I wasn't into any of it; I was doing it for them, not me. It was a stark realization.

The best sexual experience I ever had was with a woman. :slight_smile:

19. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I third this. :dry: The only pleasure for me in oral sex on my wife was that she was getting pleasure.

20. 333RosyLily

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, indeed! For me, one of the hardest things about coming to terms with being gay, is that I have lived so long for other people-- providing pleasure, making them happy --that I am barely in touch with what I want for my own happiness. A difficult road!

Thanks for everyone's posts. Very enlightening.