1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this mean anything?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by foxfire, Sep 20, 2016.

1. foxfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am starting to think I am bisexual... But I have been thinking about my attraction to men vs. women.

I am so much pickier with men! I don't feel attracted unless they have a very specific body type, hair color/ style, eye color, dress a certain way etc. It is actually an ongoing joke with my friends because I always complain about it. On the other hand, the women I find attractive (though I still have "types") are much more varied with height, weight, everything.

I am just wondering if anyone else feels this way, and if it means anything! Does it mean I could be not bisexual? I'm just trying to figure it all out still.

Thanks!!

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You know...I've seen a lot of postings on this forum similar to yours and honestly for me and this is just my opinion is that always wondered this; for instance, can you honestly say that you have an attraction for men on a sexual basis as well as an attraction sexually for women? If so, then I would say that you are bisexual. In regard to your mentioning your attraction to a specific type of men...well...I do the same and I am a gay man. When I dated women...it was the same as well. All in all...no matter what sexual identities we have...we all have specific types that we are attracted to. In the end...and again..this is just my opinion...if you have an attraction for both male and female and your attraction for both sexes are of a sexual nature then I would say that you are bisexual.

3. purplewolf6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Same but I'm still a few years in to realizing I'm attracted to dudes. If you still are capable of having romantic/physical relationships with men I'd say you're bi/pan. It is up to you what you want to label yourself if you even want to in the first place.

4. 333RosyLily

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know what you mean. I am a very bizarre person in this regard, I guess. I am really only attracted to men intellectually and spiritually, but I'm not interested in sex. I was telling a friend just this morning that I can fall in love with a man, but never want to have sex with him.

With women, I want the whole package: Passion, love, intellectual stimulation, etc. I am just not physically attracted enough to men. I recently told a friend that I am 98% gay. The 2% attraction to men isn't even physical. It does feel really confusing, though, sometimes, but I think coming to this conclusion is helping me process it.

Maybe it will help you, also, to think that everything is shades of gray, not black and white. I think we really torture ourselves trying to fit into labels.

Rosa