1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The closet

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Mihael, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okey, I worry a lot about stuff. It gives me quite much anxiety to think about my bisexuality. Sorry if this post is a mess. I came out of the closet, roughly, as this androgynous person. For one, I worry how I'm going to survive work. I worry a lot about the future, the far future. Gendered dress code, that's what I'm talking about when talking about work. I also worry what happens if I fall in love with a lady. Of course, homophobia, family having issues with it, and in the end, wanting to have kids. I thought I would write more, but that's it. I thought I should start getting those fear out. Because it may as well happen that I will fall in love with a woman and then have my family accept it and have three children... And. I would be in a good, happy relationship too.

---------- Post added 22nd Sep 2016 at 05:18 AM ----------

I don't know if it's the right forum. Please move if it's not.

---------- Post added 22nd Sep 2016 at 05:35 AM ----------

I realise I have to start getting it out somehow. My first thread like this.

2. 333RosyLily

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, Emerry:

I'm having a lot of problems, too, sort of along these lines. I'm in the closet and constantly worrying. I have a lot of anxiety. I want to be myself and express myself the way I want to, but I'm always worried how other people will take it and whether they'll take it the wrong way. So I can sympathize. I'm lesbian / pansexual, with a preference for women, so I've really been asking myself a lot lately whether I want to make myself free to see and date women if I want to. I'm in a 10-year relationship with a man right now, and he doesn't know any of this. Quite troubling.

Feel free to chat with me if you want. I think this site has private messaging? I'm new here. :slight_smile:

Rosa