1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Celebrate Bisexuality Day everybody!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Adray, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrate_Bisexuality_Day

Today is Celebrate Bisexuality Day! Take pride if you are bi!

This is my first one as an out bisexual man. I had set today, Sept 23, as my goal date to be completely out of the closet.

Last night, at 12:01 am, I used Twibbon to change my Facebook profile picture temporarily to my regular picture, but with a transparent bi flag overlay. I didn't put any text with it, though, I probably should have. I got a "surprised" emoticon from one person, and another, an old High School friend, must have gone through my profile, because he posted on other things I had on my timeline. No discussion of bisexuality, though. I thought about adding more, but not sure.

I didn't quite meet my goal of totally out. My supervisor at work was gone all week, so I wasn't able to come out to him yet at work. I want to do it with him first, he'll be supportive I think. Next week he's back, I will do it and complete the goal.

If you're bi and out, celebrate however you can! If you're not out, that's okay, take pride inside, bisexuals are awesome. (!)

2. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really wish I was out. I thought about doing the flag thing, and seeing what happened....but that's kind of a shitty way for my family to find out.

3. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I'm glad I came out in person first. Definitely recommended.

I'm reading a bunch of posts from people around the world who are coming out. If you are on FB, it's one of the Trending Topics right now. One of them was really cool, a married guy like me.

I really wanted to write a paragraph and post it for the world to see, but I'm not out at work yet, plus only out 2 weeks to some family. I figure this time next year I'll be more comfortable being more out.

Take your time, do what's right for you. Good luck, Clustergazelle, I hope you find awesome happiness.

4. PrettyinPunk

Yay!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: Congrats on being out, half out, not out at all, or just accepting of being bisexual! I didn't celebrate or anything today but I'm glad to see all the other people celebrating. And I definitely agree bisexuals are indeed quite awesome!:icon_bigg

5. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We are indeed awesome!!! Now if only we could get everyone to see that!

---------- Post added 24th Sep 2016 at 01:52 AM ----------

And thanks for the good luck, Adray!

6. RainbowsFactory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations for taking small steps in order to reach your ultimate goal! :slight_smile: Coming out takes time and it is very repetitive, but you will make it! :grin: And congratulations to any bisexual people, you are amazing just the way you are!