1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still cry when share my story

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by latenlife lez, Sep 29, 2016.

1. latenlife lez

So the other day I went for my annual OB-GYN visit. I had not told my doctor all that was happening in my life. I felt it was time to share- now I do not have trust issues- just timing issues.

In the process of telling her (Dr.)- I began to cry and felt anxiety that was sometimes hard to talk through. I have told at least 15 people in my life- who are important- including my parents.

I am working on co-dependency issues- one of them is seeking validation by making sure other's needs are met- and they are happy with me. I recognized that what I was feeling with the anxiety- was part of this co-dependency.

I guess what bothers me the most- is I cannot get through telling my story without crying. Does it ever get easier- to tell-- for the most part I have been living as gay for the last 2 years. Yet when it comes to telling people-- exception my parents-- I am terrified and vary between crying or having a panic attack with anxiety?

Anyone else still having trouble telling.-- Is is an age thing (in my 40's)- is it me (which is really is)-- Just looking for some encouragement

2. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had trouble saying it to start with, but it died down once I started coming out.

3. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It has gotten a little bit easier for me, but I still feel some anxiety, particularly with old friends or people who have known me a long time. But it's gotten a little easier.

You are doing fine. Stay strong and be proud. (*hug*)

4. YeahpIdk

I think it's scary to tell people for the first time. I don't know if it gets easier as time goes by. I told my mom and most close friends. I'm going to tell more people soon, and I don't know how I'll be. I really care about many of their opinions, so, it may be a little hard.

5. latenlife lez

Thanks for your answers and support!

6. hexamum

I don't know whether the tears I have are fear or relief!! But yes, waterworks have happened every time.