1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She came back to apologize...would you hear her out?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by caliwoman, Oct 2, 2016.

1. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    This woman who I've had a physical experience with and I subsequently cut-off contact with, has returned to talk to me. She called and I sent her to voicemail and she text messaged that she'd like to speak to me. I haven't responded. I want to be fair and kind. I also want to protect myself and not get sucked back in to something that didn't feel good for me. There is a part of me that gives women- even toxic women- wayyyyyyyy too many chances. I have a blind spot for women. I see men more clearly.

Friendship with her is not a possibility. We've tried before and it goes right back to where it started with lots of contact, flirting, sexual talk, and it becomes like a relationship, practically, but without the label.

I need a healthy, objective opinion. Would you hear her out? It's been 3 weeks since I cut-off contact, cold turkey.

The reasons why I cut-off contact were because in the last 24 hours of our last interaction, the following things happened:

-Told me that she told her friend nothing was going to happen between she and I.
    -Told me she told her roommate the age range of women she'd be dating, but that I shouldn't take that in a bad way.
    -Got drunk, drunk texted me, had to call off of work the next day, but denied being drunk when speaking to me (my therapist said this is a huge red flag).
    -Told me she found a girl in her bed. That girl is one of her straight-ish BFF's, whom she has a history with and when I asked if anything sexual happened, repeatedly said, "I don't THINK anything happened."
    -Told me her roommate kept asking if she "interrupted them" (like they were fooling around) even after I told I didn't wanna hear about it. When I told her that the roommate felt like I did (like something happened), she replied for me to "stop it."
    -We had made plans for me to drive two hours to see her and when I asked her if I could get a hug/kiss, she deflected multiple times and then told me to go with the flow and that I was putting too much pressure on the situation. By this time, we've already been physical and had phone sex.
    -Ended up "rescheduling" on me and I didn't go out to see her.
    -Reminded me a couple of times, on that last day of contact, that she's "a catch."
    -Admitted to me that she had just reconnected with a former flame, whom she has a deep connection with.

She wants to have a discussion about something. She mentioned something about a compromise. If this were a guy, I'd want to go running for the hills, but because it's a woman, I just can't see straight.

Would you hear her out? Am I being mean if I don't respond?

I feel like when I get emotional about a situation (and close female relationships are always emotional for me), I don't listen to gut. This time, however, I just feel like I can't trust the woman. I've never had sex with a woman and I know because it's such an emotional experience for me, I'd need to really trust the woman- but there's something about her I just don't trust. And I know she's been very honest with me, even too honest, but I've had that with another woman before, my trigger crush, when she was offering crumbs and I fell for it, losing myself and self-worth, in the process.

#1 caliwoman, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  2. Poppy43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No, just leave it with her.
    Seriously she is really bad news, you dont want to end up getting sucked back in.

3. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thank you, Poppy! It's so relieving to hear that it just isn't me. She told me a few times that she's "a real catch" or "a catch" and it half way had me wondering if I was really missing out by passing her up.

Thank you!!!!

4. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's too soon. Maybe a conversation after 6 months in my opinion.

5. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I cut off contact with a guy three weeks ago, also cold turkey, for way less(and we actually slept together). If he texted me again wanting to talk, I probably wouldn't. So no, don't.

6. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Awwwww Cluster. I'm so sorry! How are you feeling about cutting off contact?

7. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    <<<<<Honestly I haven't thought much about it. I've had something else occupying my thoughts.

I've actually though about texting him a couple times, mostly just because I'm horny and want sex. And also I do kinda wonder if it was right to cut him off(though to be fair, he hasn't texted me either).

8. RosePetals76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. Just let her go. It's not worth it. Or, if you want to try a friendship, maybe listen to the apology, but don't even think about that relationship road again.

9. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think it is great that she wants to apologize. The idea gives some resolution and is a support to the fact that , as many here said, her actions were far from decent.
    We don't know if that apology is genuine or if she wants something in return, so I would agree with many here. Since you do not plan to date her or be friends with her, you are not obligated to respond.

10. CameOutSwinging

I'm so like you. Especially when I am emotionally attached to somebody. My emotions and my gut/logic don't match up, and I end up keeping things going with somebody when everybody I talk to tells me I should cut ties and run.

You said if a guy was doing this, you'd run.

I say trust that. Run.

But I say it fully admitting that if you do the opposite, it's what I'd probably do. So I understand.