1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Date since Coming out

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by lmnop, Oct 22, 2016.

1. lmnop

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been out for a few months now, and I've recently gone on my first date with another woman. It was nice. I felt very comfortable and relaxed. But of course, I feel like I'm missing something. There wasn't any nervousness or anxiety which is something I'm used to feeling all the time, especially when I dated men. At least with her, it was fine. But the moment a guy was around, I got nervous. Our waiter, for instance, was an okay looking guy. It made me a little paranoid. When I get anxious, I start to worry. Does this go away?
    Also, the date was good. But are you supposed to feel some sort of spark or feeling?

The good news is, I know I'm gay and it makes me so happy. I've felt amazing over the last couple weeks. I'm not questioning myself anymore. I just want the anxiety that I feel every time I see a guy to go away.

I'm also out at work which is something I didn't think would happen. Everyone is so supportive!

#1 lmnop, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  2. Really

Congrats!

I wonder if your nerves weren't so much that he was a guy but that somebody was witnessing you on a "gay" date. Is that possible? I could be out in left field here...