1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First date with a woman!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by UmaMae, Nov 5, 2016.

1. UmaMae

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    YAY, as the title says, I had my first real date with a woman ever :grin: (for her it was also the first time meeting a woman)

feels great, I felt totally normal and I thought maybe it would be awkward to be in public together and talking loud about "lesbian/bi" topics. but it wasnt :slight_smile:

first we were a little uncertain how to call it, she was wondering if its a date, and me too. So we said, ok just lets see where this evening will go, no need for labels :slight_smile:
    one day later we were messaging and she asked me, if i would call it a date now, and i said yes. then she said, she too and asked me for a second date (!)

and it was very chilled, nice, calm. I felt really good. also, with this experience I feel like Im getting more comfortable with myself and with the fact that I also like women.
    Before that, it was, yeah, i totally can imagine being together with a woman. But now, with the little chemistry i felt on my side for her, i feel as if its confirming the theoretical thought i had. (i really wished to get close to her ... but I was too chickened out ^^ also if it was only on my side im still happy about the feeling, because its MY feeling and i feel like its now validating my sexuality for real)

and also, its really just for both of us to see where this is going, no pressure, no need to rush it. :icon_bigg

so thats me sharing my experience, I hope, someone can feel encouraged through my story and take a step closer to be whoever they are :slight_smile:

#1 UmaMae, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  2. Darleen

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Good for you!!! A big step to be sure!

3. findingjoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    congratulations for taking this big step and yes this is inspiring!

4. Landgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Really pleased for you UmaMae.

I wish I could even meet, never mind date, a woman who is wanting to be with another woman for the first time. I've met up with several women on dates, and not got anywhere romantically, although I have made one very good friend. I know that one or two have been put off by me having no experience. It would be great if there was a dating website explicitly for first-timers!