1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Positive and reasonably confident

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by hexamum, Nov 9, 2016.

1. hexamum

I was feeling pretty low yesterday. Not because of anything major, just because I am sooooo missing the human contact.
    Husband has not been near me in months. He even sidesteps in the hallway. If I was to ask for or suggest any kind of affection, he would mistake it for a sexual come-on, and presume all was well and dandy. And it would negate all the distance I have seemingly travelled these past few months.
    Regardless of my sexuality, I still need that contact, and it's rough knowing it's right there, and I can't have it.
    Even when things were 'normal' between us, kisses/cuddles we always a *GO* sign for sex as far as he was concerned. There was no such thing as a snuggle and snog session. It always meant more. *sigh*

I don't know if he just wants to keep the peace, or what, but no comment has been made about my wedding ring coming off. (I took it off because I caught it and minorly cut my finger, so I took it off in case my finger swelled. That was weeks and weeks ago)

That aside, I am feeling pretty confident with my new found 'clear-headed-ness'. It crosses my mind often during the day. I wear a rainbow bracelet/band around my wrist, and so when I see it, it reminds me of my journey and makes me smile. :slight_smile:

I have been chatting to a woman online. We haven't met yet. We have so many things in common, it's actually scary. She's in a similar situation to me also. So we can empathise with each other.
    One thing it's given me is clarity. :icon_bigg:icon_bigg
    It's helped me verify in my own head things that I already know.
    - I am talking to 'someone' and feel no guilt. Not good on the marriage front, regardless of sexual orientation.
    - She gives me immense butterflies. Again, not good on the marriage side...but also getting rid of any small niggles I had as to whether my questioning was a mechanism to get out of a failing relationship.
    - My questioning is not just a sexual need. I have connected with her on an emotional one too.

I am also in the process of finding accommodation away from this house.
    I can't wait to begin my life. A life with no lies. Where I am not fitting in some box I feel I need to be in.
    Now I just need to climb the mountain that's in the way :confused:

I apologise for waffling. Just needed to get it all down.

(&&&)(&&&)(&&&)

2. hexamum

Coffee date with said woman is tomorrow. I'm absolutely petrified!!! But so excited!! Lol!!

3. stretching

Hugs!! Hope you have a great coffee date. And all the best as you climb your mountain! One foot in front of the other!

4. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have a great date!!

I can relate to what you're saying about your husband. That's the way things were for me for the longest time as well.

5. Landgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Me too!