1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling in love with my lesbian friend/co worker

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Alinah68, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Alinah68

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I never thought that I am going to be here and be a part of this forum. My single life was absolutely fine and enjoying it for 16 yrs. I grew up in an environment where gay/lesbian was a normal part of my life, so I am fine or what so ever until 2 yrs ago,by the way I am straight. I meet her at work, she is a lesbian, and we are just this hi and hello acquaintance so we are not that closed before although we had the same common friends. So to make the story short something went wrong with her and one of my other common friend. That is when she started to talked to me and begun calling me everyday even when she is with her partner, at first I thought maybe this is how she is so I go along with her coz I am a nice person . Then she started confiding about her problems/issues with her partner so I just listened to her everytime until one day I just woke up that she's been occupying my life little things that bothers her or something that make her day happy she will call me.Then the bad news came when she told me that her and partner broke up, and we even got closer everyday that is when I started to feel something towards her God knows how I tried to distruct myself and started dating but it didn't work at all,the more I hide what I feel for her the more it grows.I am so scared to tell her because I might lose her, what if she doesn't feel the same way. Is this means that I am lesbian too?

2. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Doesnt necessarily mean youre a lesbian but it seems youre at least curious! I day give it s shot without thinking of labels. You might be straight and have feelings for this just one girl. Maybd youre bi. But go with the flow! See where things go! And she'd likely understand your confusion.

3. CubbieBlue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you want to tell her? What would you hope comes of telling her? And how do you think she might react? I hope I'm not out of line here, but I think that with her being LGBTQ, she might have a better view of people sharing their feelings because she may have struggled with sexuality in her life at some point.

And don't be too much in a rush to label yourself. You might be completely straight but have deep feelings for her. Or you might have some attraction to some women that never came out to you before because you never had that kind of bond with another woman before. Or you could be curious, or bi. I know it's hard, but try to imagine what it would be like with her or any other women you may have felt a little "weird" around. I remember feeling weird around some boys as a kid, or strangely wanting to watch movies with Jake Gyllenhaal in them. I thought "he's really cool" when I was really thinking something else. But this may not be you at all. So what I'm saying is don't rush your feelings. I hope this is helpful.