1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second Adolenscence hitting - noticing a big change.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by findingjoy, Nov 10, 2016.

1. findingjoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came here in denial, then I swung between acceptance and denial. That's been the hardest part of coming out for me so far. I swing between feeling great about being gay and wanting to come out, to freezing up in denial.

But recently I noticed a big change. it used to be:

positive emotion: Happy about being gay
    negative emotion: In Denial, thinking i can 'fix' it.

Now it's
    positive emotion: Happy about being gay
    negative emotion: I am aching to be with a guy.
    and a distant third:
    negative emotion: In Denial, thinking i can 'fix' it.

I now know what people mean by 'second adolescence' i haven't had this angst for years!

I feel like I am finally reaching the last stage of the beginning of coming out, instead of 'how do i fix this problem" i am thinking, "get rid of this stupid denial once and for all"!

2. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ya I here the "second adolescence" thing. My fantasies are wild and wonderful. Got to take that last step and go find a boy friend. Boy is he going to be in trouble.

3. findingjoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL
    it's taken me a long time to get here, but I haven't felt this kind of happiness and energy in years. I can't wait until I feel my lips on my boy friends lips (and other places :slight_smile: )

4. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ohhh, findingjoy! I'm smiling so broadly right now, and after this awful week, your post just fills me with such happiness.

Your feelings of adolescence are indeed just beginning. The Coming Out High is a real thing, and I'm high as a kite with excitement and anticipation in finding my new gay self. I'm so proud to be on this journey with you, and I am looking forward to seeing you live your screen name.

When you can look into the mirror, really look into your eyes in the mirror, and smile, you will know you are ready.

Take care of your gay self! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

5. Weston

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Enjoy the second adolescence thing (I certainly did!), but guard your heart. It's all too easy when you're new at this to "fall in love" with the wrong guy (often your "first"). The repercussions can last years.

6. findingjoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Imgay47. Usually most of my doubts are when I am away from this message board. Yesterday, i was happy to be gay. I realized subconsciously whenever I would go out I would hope I would see some 'hot' woman and that would 'prove' I am not gay.
    Yesterday I noticed I wasn't even looking, and when I did it was more liking what they were wearing. I noticed the only couples I was looking at were gay couples. thinking 'hmm that would be nice'. Not even thinking about women anymore trying to 'force it'.

No more questioning or doubting or 'if i am gay why do I think or do this'. No more 'well just to be sure I'll wait for this or that' I realize all of that is just fear. its all looking backward. I need to make this happen in the real world. I might slip away here for awhile, because I think I am starting to use it as a crutch. I feel the aching desire to make it all happen in the real world.

I don't just want to physically have sex with a man, though I definitely want to do that! I want to be gay emotionally, physically, spiritually, socially. The part of me fighting and resisting and denying is dead. For the first time since I first posted here and freaked out, I want to come out to some friends!