1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I being too sensitive?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by caliwoman, Nov 10, 2016.

1. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I recently spoke to a woman I had a physical encounter with. We hadn't spoken in two months and we kinda cleared the air. I admitted to her that I was falling in love with her (at that time).

I, myself, steered clear of mentioning anyone new I was talking to. That wasn't the point of the conversation...rather, it was to express why things ended the way they did.

Later in our convo, she made reference to finding a new found appreciation for yoga pants at the gym (meaning, she enjoys checking out women in yoga pants) and innuendo about how hot she thought her boss was and how she was her type.

This kinda bothered me. It was the first time we had spoken since I cut-off communication and although the comments weren't overt, they were slid in there...but maybe it's just me?

If you were in my position in an emotionally charged conversation w/someone you were falling in love with and things had ended abruptly and you find yourself speaking for the first time in months...would you mind comments like this? Or is it just me?

Thanks!

2. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I would mind this -- and have in similar situations. Unfortunately, the fact that she doesn't seem to have given it a second thought suggests that her head/heart are just not in the same place as yours.

Or... she deliberately did that to test your reaction. Well, suspecting that is heading to paranoia. I know we try to think of all possibilities, but things are usually simple. Even if they are simple bad. Or at least simple disappointing.