1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major life change

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by 1zebra, Nov 11, 2016.

1. 1zebra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I've recently realized that I love everyone. I don't care if you are a man or woman, to me love is love. I identify as bisexual because I'm still not sure that anything else really describes me.
    That being said I came out to a close friend & (thanks to them letting me crash with them until I can get a place) i am completely uprooting myself from the life & people I've always known and moving to a much more populated city area. I am currently in a very rural, narrow minded area & no one here would accept me for who I truly am. I'm just nervous because

I've lived where I currently am all my life & at 34 I am starting over almost completely alone. It's scary!

2. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be you and be awesome. Although it's scary, I wish you happiness, freedom, and fulfillment in your new life.

I'm bi too. To me, the label is very empowering. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one, but I know I'm not. You aren't the only one, either.

One thing that has helped me is volunteering at my local LGBT center. It helps to make me feel a part of the LGBT community. Perhaps you could look into whether your new city has something like that. Most of my volunteer work has been simple tasks - helping set up for PrideFest and sitting with other volunteers putting together condom packages for the disease-prevention distribution effort. But the conversations and friendships with the fellow volunteers are really valuable to me. Just a thought.

Be you, be awesome! (*hug*)

3. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go for it, being bi or pan can be great fun. I agree that the gender of the body doesn't matter, it's the person inside that shell that matters, and a few attractive bits on the outside to get my attention. LOL.

Volunteer, hit the local clubs, get to know the community there, get out there, enjoy being you.

4. justaguyinsf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel that way too. It's about the person more than the plumbing.

5. Romancer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I admire you for knowing what you want and going for it. A lot of the s_ _ t in life could be avoided if we all had your courage.

6. 1zebra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you all for your support guys.