1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking Point

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by MAX10, Nov 22, 2016.

1. MAX10

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's been a while since I've been on this site. I have fallen into a bad depression I keep hidden from those around me. I haven't found any help or solution to my depression so I've been using work as an escape. That has not worked and is offers little distraction from my depression.

I live in a small southern town in the US that offers little for me other than a job and quite life. There is no support of any kind here. I'm at a lost as my depression continues. All I think about is how I need to connect with someone who understands and how brutality painful it is that there is no such person to be found.

I don't know what to do anymore....:bang:

2. Really

I just googled LGBT center mobile al and a healthy number of results came up. Have you heard of any of them? Short of finding some sort of therapeutic support right away, maybe getting involved would at least broaden your horizons as far as meeting other LGBT folk. The pride society seems to have opportunities.
    mobilealabamapride

3. KSatt

Hey, MAX10. I live in a small, rural too. There are no resources for LGBTQ+ people around here, so I get the loneliness and isolation you might feel. Is there anyone in your life who would be supportive if you came out to them? I'm about to do that with a close friend myself, and it's terrifying but it's time. She lives several hours away from me now though, so it isn't like having support on hand. If you don't have anyone like that maybe you could look into counseling services. It would give you someone to talk to and maybe help you deal with the depression. In the mean time, keep posting here. It's not tantamount to actual one-on-one, in-person human interaction, but it is a good outlet. You'll also find some really compassionate people who will accept you for who you are.