1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two fathers raising kids, how is it?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by The Falcon, Nov 25, 2016.

1. The Falcon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am too young to have a family, but I am just thinking how important the mother figure can be in a life of one person. It is really hard to imagine having a kid without a mother...

So I need your experiences about having/adopting a child and raising it with only men involved... Encourage me please!

2. Eab91

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I actually work in adoptions and I have seen many gay and lesbian couples adopt children. I personally think it is a beautiful thing for ANYONE to adopt a child. We have focus groups that consist of foster youth and adopted youth(age 12 and older), one of the questions asked was, "How do/would you feel about a LGBTQ+ couple or individual fostering or adopting you?" The company thought there would be a lot of back lash about this question but the responses from the children were amazing. They did not care about a sexual orientation, they only cared about the way their caregivers treated them and made them feel.

There are many adoptive single parents(single fathers or single mothers) out there as well. Having a male parent and female parent does not define "good parents".

Children just want to feel loved and have their basic needs met. :newcolor: