1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is wrong with me?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Mystic flower, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have been working on some issues in my life and am focusing on restoring the relationship I have with my husband. Things have been going smoother and we are communicating more. The part I have a hard time is that I feel incomplete and unsatisfied intimately. I don't understand why I am not satisfied with my husband, I thought telling myself over and over that it's all good and he's all I need is not working. This has left me frustrated and irritated with myself and don't have the heart to tell my husband. Although he knows I crave the companion of a woman. . . what is wrong with me?

2. Linkmaste

Greetings fellow Canadian!

I feel that the fact you're pushing and pushing yourself that it's good doesn't help your situation. Be honest if something isn't good then it isn't.

I remember being with my ex husband and saying to myself" he's nice and has a job and I should like this. I have to like this I can't afford not to like it. He knew I was forcing myself to please him and he hated seeing how distraught I was.

Have you talked to your husband about your sexuality? Like really talked about it? Maybe just his reassurance is what you need. If you do wish to pursue a woman then you need to be upfront about it. That's a part of marriage is talking through the rough times. Even awkward ones.

I feel for you and I have an inkling what you're going through. Do you have outside support?

3. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,

My husband knows that I am bisexual, and has finally accepted me for who I am. It took a long time for him to be content with it as well, and we are keeping the communication line open when it comes to sexuality to some extent. Although he is ok with it, I feel that he is sexist and controlling when it comes to me pursuing a woman. We are still working on that, it sure feels like I am walking on egg shells.
    I do have some support, and am thinking of going back to therapy to sort through the issues I am facing. I do appreciate my husband's support, but it is not the kind of support I need right now dealing with such thoughts and feelings.

4. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I fought that fight. I lost. Or won. Depends on ur point of view. We are now separating and divorcing.