1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well that didn't work out.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Ohmydayzz, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Ohmydayzz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Long story short: joined a lesbian dating site for friends. Made a long distance friend. Left my husband (finally in the financial position to leave after saving for a year) lots of talks on the phone with my new female friend, talks turned raunchy (and confirmed my sexuality for me yay) we had plans to meet, I got invited to visit for Christmas but I declined. Got invited to visit in November and was about to book a plane ticket and she said oh no second thoughts that weekend is not good.

My paid subscription to the dating website ran out in September. Her subscription was to run out in November.

I reccomended the website to someone on Thursday and thought haven't been there for awhile and logged in and went to the chat threads and found my friend posting. I waited to feel angry I waited to feel upset. Nope the feelings didn't come. I have become to sneaky sly behaviour from being with my ex for 20years.

I msg her and asked if she had paid subscription before or after we'd had phone sex. No reply. Next day I get accusations of having been watching her on this site the entire time. Nope I haven't been there since two days after my subscription ran out.

Then I got the silent treatment. I'm done. I deleted her and blocked her on messenger.

20 years I put up with deception, deflection, and silent treatment. I know my worth and I know I'm worth more than that.

2. HannahM

Good for you for not letting her jerk you around anymore! Dating websites can be both a blessing and a curse. I've not looked for a woman on dating sites yet, but I've met more than my fair share of men who are less than honest. I hope you have better luck next time! But, at least you got some confirmation out of it!

3. Luana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I worry, I have been involved with a woman on a dating site. We are separated by distance, and plan to meet over Christmas. Our conversations are consistent, reliable and open. I wonder if it is really possible I met my dream girl on a dating site, or does she know how to work me! I'm invested in the relationship, so I need to see it to fruition.
    90% of me thinks she is sincere, but then the 10% pops up, and if she is sincere, maybe we will not hit it off face-to-face? The next 3 weeks are going to be murder.....
    Yes, Long Distance Relationships and dating websites suck! But if it is successful, then well worth the trouble...