1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Female) Tops vs. Bottoms

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by caliwoman, Dec 4, 2016.

1. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I love me a top. While my experience with women in general is very limited, if a "top" nicknames me a "bottom," I melt like butter. I LOVE it. I adore it. I throb just when hearing it. The idea of being submissive to a dominant woman is very intriguing and enticing to me.

Yet, those same women I've spoken to have ALL been extremely emotionally unavailable and have nearly an impossible time of allowing themselves to be vulnerable. This usually ends poorly for me, as I do the job for both of us and try to be emotionally available for them.

What is your experience? Is this typical? Or are there sensitive, emotionally available tops out there as well?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eh...I tend to use the gay male definition of top/bottom, so that would make me a submissive/passive sort of top. I would wear the strap-on or use dildos on my girl, but I prefer her to take the inititive and give me some orders on what to do. I don't like receving penetration, and will not, so I guess "passive top" works for me.

I don't like BDSM type of extreme submission (pain, bondage, etc) so that sort of thing is out. The top/bottom terms are too confusing between two women to me, I mean I'm more submissive/passive, but I'm still a giver.

3. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've actually wondered what I'll be in a relationship. I prefer a balance in "my dreams," where we both give and receive. Really the only thing I'm NOT comfortable with, is actually using my genitals to penetrate.

I think maybe you should find a girl who's more "verse," Cali. They might be more your style. Plus you'll get to see what it's like on both ends.(I'm not emotionally available right now, sorry.):lol:

4. Luana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My woman likes to be the "underneath". I am new to the community also so not really sure what is required being the top in a female relationship, have not been with a woman. I do in vision myself on top, so we seem to be compatible that way. I have asked and she says we will figure it out. We are both emotionally available to each other. She has commented that she has only been in one relationship where she gets every thing. I infer that to mean in a relationship were the top is emotionally available and dominant in a good way. She is a fem and she does call me a tomboi, is that the main thing about top and bottoms? Are Fem's mostly bottoms, to stereotype? Any advice for a fledgling Topper in a female relationship is welcome.....

5. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a very submissive bottom, but I also like to be a very submissive top at times. I don't use a strap-on; I always receive it. But something about being held in another woman's arms while I'm on top gets me going. I'm like a baby koala that clings, lmao.

I've also met many emotionally vulnerable dominant tops in my experience.

6. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    LOL. I just want a woman who's dominant/top-ish in the sack, not BDSM, just dom, and emotionally available in the relationship. Can both exist? I'm sure. There are many fish in the sea. Why in the hell do I keep finding the emotionally unavailable ones?

Female #1 and I spoke a few weeks ago and she kinda laughed and said she had a confession. "I'm emotionally unavailable." She giggled again. I didn't think much of it at the time, but days after, I began to get angry. If you KNOW you're emotionally unavailable, why engage with someone like me who wears their heart on their sleeve? She had moments of being vulnerable, which I absolutely ate up.

This chick calls herself emotionally unavailable, told me I was rushing her when I asked for her phone number to voice verify she's a female, said that i was rushing her when I asked for a pic to see what she looks like, and said, "Oh, I get why you're rushing. You're new at this." I just don't wanna spend weeks trying to get to know someone who is of the butch variety or I'm not the least bit attracted to. Why stave me off?

The other thing that I found so disturbing about myself is, I just had a brief encounter with a gorgeous woman and it meant absolutely nothing to me. Drove away feeling empty. I talk to this woman ONE TIME, don't know what she looks like and at the end she said she's not feminine (like I said I was attracted to in my ad), but somewhere in between...and as soon as she calls me a "bottom," I start to get horny, tingly, and turned on. One convo, she could look like a guy- and that is just not my thing and no offense to anyone who is attracted to those women, I just don't share in that- and it doesn't matter because she called me a "bottom."

On the outside, someone telling me they don't want me to touch their boobs would be a major turnoff to me because I enjoy that...but call me a bottom and I'll let a lot fly by. Heck, even have that dynamic of dominant and submissive and I'll eat that sh-t up. I fall for controlling women, just like my mother, and then want them to protect me...thing is, they can't because they're emotionally unavailable.

This one is already saying I'm rushing her because I didn't wanna exchange a million emails and voice verify. If and when she'll send me a picture, I don't know.

These women I'm attracted to, these dominant/controlling women, it never works out but they are always the same. They're strong, dominant, controlling women who also happen to be very successful. They like telling me what to do, usually have the control, I end up doing the emotional work for both us, I wear my heart on my sleeve and they don't...how do you stop being attracted to that?
    How do you make yourself stop being attracted to what's not good for you?

An emotionally available top/dominant would be my dream come true...

---------- Post added 4th Dec 2016 at 10:22 AM ----------

Edit: This woman said she doesn't want her boobs to be touched, loves to be in control, and doesn't wanna feel vulnerable. She doesn't wanna be touched in the sack and only wants to do the touching.

---------- Post added 4th Dec 2016 at 10:28 AM ----------

Ugh...see, it's the closeness I want. When you describe that, there is a part of me that sincerely aches.

7. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    She just text messaged me, "What's going on, bottom?"

8. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just text her back, "sorry but I don't think you and I will be sexually compatible."

---------- Post added 4th Dec 2016 at 06:08 PM ----------

And let her know you aren't interested any longer.

---------- Post added 4th Dec 2016 at 06:08 PM ----------

And let her know you aren't interested any longer.

9. YeahpIdk

Hehe, clustergazelle in "my dreams." Lol.

I imagine I could be seen as a total pillow princess **rolls around in satin sheets**. Lol, jk. Sort of.

I haven't done that much with women, or dated, but the chicks I've been around who are butchier/androgynous tend to be a mix of both, and at different times - only some emotionally unavailable, but that has nothing to do with them being more dominant. Straight up lesbros usually love being bottoms, which is hilarious to me.

Im gonna say that being emotionally unavailable has nothing to do with topping. That's like believing that women who love to be on top and dominant in bed are detached from having stereotypical feminine emotions because they're doing something deemed hetero: being the "masculine" in bed because they take charge and do the screwing. There are plenty of dominant and submissive mixes in homo and heterosexual relationships - women who take charge with men; men who take charge with women; women who take charge with women; men who take charge with men. It's all in the personality. Just strike emotionally unavailable people from your list and you'll be left with a mix of tops who fit the bill.

10. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know how you feel. I want it, too. It's possible. I've met them, even though the relationships didn't last. But a lot of relationships fail for different reasons. Do not settle for overly sexual women who just want sex. I am instantly turned off by those types, no matter how attractive they are.

11. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    YeahpIdk: You know, like fantasies. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm also what you would consider a "pillow princess" and I'm emotionally unavailable right now. See Cali, we come in all kinds.

12. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    LOL Cluster.

I'd like an emotionally available, hot, dominant but able to be vulnerable, awesome, spiritual, lovely woman who shares a very deep emotional connection with/to me. Can someone fill my order?

Thank you!

13. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wait about a year. Is it okay if she still has a penis?:grin:

Joking aside, I really do hope you find that. Actually no I don't hope, I KNOW you will. I've been routing for you since you got here. You deserve all of that, just be patient. :wink:

14. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Trust me caliwoman, I understand the desire that you have for who you are looking for. I'm looking for someone similar as well, so I get the frustration. But things like this do take time, at least that's what I'm told.

15. YeahpIdk

Cluster is cracking me up. As always.

And yes, I agree with Rachyl. We're all looking for the person we want! Someone is out there looking for someone like you. Try not to have a riged list of must haves, though. That's all!

16. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I've spent the last two years heartbroken over two women. I'm ready for the loving!! Lol. And of course, I've wanted to be with a women since I was 15.

Bring on the luvin', Universe!!

17. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

I understand that feeling too Caliwoman. In the last 18 months, i've had two relationships with women that couldn't give me what I needed, or I couldn't handle them being not able to connect with me emotionally. It's frustrating in the fact that both times I thought they could be the one. I mean the dream was there, even started looking into the cost of an in town Uhaul. lol. Anyhow, trust me you're not alone in your feelings. I hope that you find what you are looking for. I hope we all do. :slight_smile:

18. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In town Uhaul, so you got to the second date then?

We'll all find our special women, and when we do, all this will seem like a distant memory. A dream, if you will.

19. caliwoman

caliwoman Banned

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thank you friend! Your support means the world to me!! We will all find partners that will rock on our world in an awesome way!! Thank you, love!

20. Linkmaste

I'm a top. And I'm pretty emotional as much as I try to play myself as not a emotional person.

I'm sorry you had some bad luck. As a top right now, I'm not emotionally there but I'm pretty upfront before I start with a lady. I haven't even slept with a lady since I split from my husband a few months ago. Just flirting and checking out the scene does it for me unless someone really wants to take it up a notch.

Occasionally I can imagine myself as a bottom-just to spice things up. I always noticed I can go back and forth between things. Girls are always so surprised when I change out of my baggy jeans/shirt and put on a LBD with my hair down and makeup on.

Hopefully I can get that emotional connection-I heard its nice.