1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

update on coming out

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by hrcbho1, Dec 8, 2016.

1. hrcbho1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey everyone! I'm a bi guy in my early 30s who came on this site over a month ago as a way to just try to understand and accept my sexuality, to gain insight into the complexities of sexuality and identity, and to find a supportive, accepting community. I'm glad to say I found all of those things, and I posted a while back about the possibility of coming out as bi to a couple of close friends. Over the past few weeks, with the help of this site, among others, I was able to find the courage to tell a few of my friends about what I had been struggling with for many years. I received nothing but acceptance, support, and kindness from my friends, and it has helped to lift a huge weight off of me, to help me feel less alone, and to be able, for the first time, to truly be who I am. Just something as simple as talking about a hot guy with my friends seemed impossible, but now is done without any feeling of insecurity or shame. Thank-you to the people on this site whom I've never met but who, through their stories, their perspectives, and their support towards others, help me to be at peace with who I am. Thank-you for reading this too!

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, hrcbho1!:thumbsup: That's wonderful! Thanks for sharing your good-news story with us!:slight_smile:

3. hexamum

Fab news!! Xx

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's great to hear your news and I am pleased we have been able to help you. Keep us posted as you continue on this journey.

5. Confused54

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations. Glad your friends were accepting. It really does feel good to have the weight of secrecy lifted.

6. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!!