1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isolated

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by MAX10, Dec 10, 2016.

1. MAX10

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Is there another word I can use? I feel and I am isolated in who I am. It will not gt better, but worst. I live in a small southern town in the US. This maybe 2016, but the south still lives and their opinions still dominate their behaviors. I am alone in this matter and that is becoming more of problem. Isolated, depressed, wanting something more. This is life and it feels not ok. Ugh.... I just want to scream and be me! Happy and enjoying life. Doesn't anyone get this?! Is there any hope left???

2. Blackrainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is hope. There is always hope.

You realise at least that you want something more than this, and that's something to aim for, right? There are people and places out there who can offer that and even by posting here, you're talking to people in similar situations and who can give you advice.

There will always be people who are ignorant and anticipate the worst of the unknown or 'abnormal' and oftentimes that makes them cruel. It doesn't however, make them right or worth listening to. There are so many loving, accepting people out there who genuinely want to make the world a better place to live in. Sometimes it feels like there's just not enough of them, but we can only move forward from here in the end. Just look at how things have changed for the better in the last millenium and even the last decade. Things hurt and things move far too slow, but they happen and it will get better.

3. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    MAX10 Hang in there! Have you considered planting roots in another area? Is there somewhere, a bigger city where you can go to be yourself for a night or weekend now and then? I feel ya, I have a 75 mile round trip drive just to go to a lgbt club for an evening. I live in one of the few remaining blue states....

Take Care
    Dean