1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testosterone levels and feeling gay

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Mr B, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Mr B

I can remember that after I met my current partner years ago, it was very easy for me to come during normal intercourse with her, sometimes even too quickly I must admit. During that time I had really strong and focused orgasms and almost no homosexual fantasies. I had had homosexual fantasies and some experiences previously when young, but in the first few years with her I just felt very 'heterosexual', my sexual drive, my orgasms with her, just the way my sexual energy was flowing, I just felt very hetero in my body.
    Now, even though I find her beautiful and attractive, I cannot focus my sexual energy in the way I used to in order to have that kind of 'focused' orgasm during intercourse with her, even if I am initially very turned on.
    I wonder if this can be related to low T levels due to aging, lack of sleep, etc...I never got my levels checked, but I wonder if anyone here has done this, and if anyone has notice some sort of correlation, like feeling 'straighter' when T levels are higher?
    I've been able to have a glimpse of that old 'hetero' sex in the morning, during a good night of sleep, when T levels are known to be higher. Thats why I asking. Unfortunaly, those nights are really rare, with small kids and lots of commitments, my my sleep is crap in terms of lenght and quality. Anyway, I am looking forward to your replies...

2. findingjoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have never had my t-levels checked but I can relate to a lot of this. When I was dating women I was attracted to there were long periods of no gay fantasies and I did feel passion and orgasims. I have also heard about seratone levels and how both things can fire off certain genetic tendencies.

3. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure T levels have nothing to do with being gay or straight.

4. smurf

This.

T levels have no effect on your sexuality. It does seem to have an effect on the level of sexual desire, but not on who you are attracted to.

If it were as simple as T injections straight people would have us in a strict regimen of hormones by now....they tried....doesn't work :slight_smile:

5. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After I made that post I read all about it and now I am an expert.:eusa_danc

6. findingjoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "For now this is just an interesting experiment that tells us serotonin plays a role in sexual orientation. "
    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/...hange-the-sexual-orientations-of-mice/276311/

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2003/11/031118074946.htm

---------- Post added 13th Dec 2016 at 09:32 PM ----------

I also want to add, if someone said here's a drug that could change your brain chemistry and make you straight I wouldn't. I fully accept that I am gay, but I don't think 'the science is settled' as some people would like to believe. I do believe it's an interplay of brain chemistry, gentetics, life experience....it also might be that what we call 'gay' or 'bi' or lesbian or whatever might cover a range of behaviors and identities. I think what mr. b 's observations and posts have been very helpful and insightful.

7. Mr B

Thank you for the replies so far. Interesting material, findinjoy. Just to clarify, I never suggested that sexual orientation can be 'changed' through TRT. I am just telling about my experience, which is sometimes feeling more gay or more feminine, and sometimes more hetero, or more masculine. For people like me, who are swinging between one and the other, could it be that perhaps testoterone levels play some sort of role?

8. Landgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    As a woman, I can't comment on this thread in terms of personal experience, but I remember seeing a programme on TV featuring John Barrowman which quoted research showing that homosexuality in men seems to be related in some way to birth order, i.e. each additional male sibling is more likely to be gay than his brothers. The reason postulated for this observation is that testosterone levels in the mother increase with each successive pregnancy.

It has certainly occurred to me, based upon my own life, to wonder whether estrogen levels are also implicated in women's sexuality.

9. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone