1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our journeys

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, Dec 16, 2016.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey friends,

So i wanted to start a post that we can all add to and keep adding to motivate us to keep moving forward on our journeys. Add whatever motivates you most. Progress you've made, steps you want to take, things that keep you looking forward to the future...

Let's encourage eachother here too!

I'll start:

Progress-
    -I've made a lot of progress in the last year abd few months, I started out feeling isolated and scared and now I feel I've got a wonderful community of support, I'm out to all my loved ones and good friends, I'm working towards the final steps of separating from my husband.

Steps I want to take-
    -Be more open when I want and when it's relevant about separating and being gay
    -Take more steps to understand my gender
    -Tell our daughter about the separation and make steps to help her adjust
    -Look for new flats to move to

Things to remind myself to stay strong and focused on my path-
    -My vision for the future... I can see myself either with a loving partner, a woman I can build my life with or perhaps living on my own with my daughter and living authentically and true to me. My daughter would have an example of a mom who is living true to herself and two parents who choose to live happily separately versus unhappily together.

-my daughter and I have a warm loving community that already embrace is through the new friends I'm making through LGBT events and groups. She will have a lot of support with myself and my ex. She has a lot of friends who will still be part of her life.

-I know what I need and I know that I'm choosing the right path.

-everyday that I take steps to live closer to my truth, I'm happier and feel a fuller person.

-this too small pass (in time we'll all adjust to this new life)

2. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anybody want to share their journey?

3. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sure!

I'm not going into the gritty details, because I don't feel like writing a novel, atm. But 4 months back I was finally able to put thoughts, feelings, and emotions I've lived with(on and off, but pretty frequenty) for years together, and realize I am a woman. I am transgender. Basically, I had come here looking for some support with my bisexuality, and being around, seeing posts by the other trans people made me realize "uuuuuh, I do that too."(Basically). Never having known or even been around any trans people before, I had no idea how being trans actually worked. There was also an incident that made me realize, but I don't feel like dredging that up right now.

Progress
    I saw a therapist, one who actually deals with transgender people, which is my first step towards becoming me (I've officially started my transition, is how I look at it), and I'm actually happy the past few days, which is welcome, after a long few months of near constant depression. She told me she would feel comfortable writing me an HRT letter anytime, even that night.

Steps I want to take
    -I want to come out to my family and all the important people in my life.
    -Next month, I believe I will be asking her to write that letter. I'm READY for it.
    -My next logical step then is to BEGIN HRT!!!!!!!!

Things to remind myself to stay strong and focused on my path
    -I can see myself finding a partner, and settling down as their WIFE.
    -I picture myself as the woman I was always meant to be, in all aspects of my future.
    -I want to be a mom someday. :slight_smile: I know I will be!
    -I sometimes picture myself getting married. In a gorgeous wedding dress, looking stunning. Marrying another beautiful girl in an equally beautiful dress. Or(maybe) a handsome stud in a tux.

Of coarse I also think about if I'll pass or not, what kind of girl I'll be(I'm thinking a blend of tomboy and girly girl), my physical attributes, what surgeries I may want, etc.

4. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Progress:
    -I'm out to most of my family, friends, and coworkers
    -I'm comfortable coming out to new people as needed
    -I understand myself and what I need better
    -I've mostly come to terms with me and my husband's break-up (thankfully, it's on very good terms and we're still good friends/roommates)
    -I have a wonderful, fulfilling job as an elementary school counselor :love:

Steps I Want to Take:
    -Find a counselor to help me process through stuff
    -Finalize me and my husband's divorce (hold-up is mostly due to insurance and financial stuff)
    -Continue meeting new people and widening my social circle in the city I live in
    -Continue my journey of self-discovery to break down my own barriers and become my best self
    -Get another kitty! :icon_mrgr (Not quite related, but there ya' go!)

Things to Remind Myself to Stay Strong and Focused on My Path:
    -Imagining having a wonderful girlfriend (or boyfriend, if the right guy comes along)
    -Seeing how happy my roommate and his boyfriend are and feeling happy when I'm around them :love:
    -Discovering awesome things about myself and sharing those things with others
    -Discovering awesome things about others! :wink:
    -The biggest obstacles are the ones in my own mind, and I CAN overcome those. :slight_smile:

5. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cluster and kaden216, you've both progressed so much! It's amazing to see all of that written out. (&&&)

6. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (&&&)As have you Jedi.:slight_smile:

I should add to my next steps:

-Move out.
    -Get a kitty!!!

7. Kaden216

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks! :grin: It does feel good to look back and see where I've been and be proud of that, rather than always worrying about what lies ahead.

---------- Post added 19th Dec 2016 at 07:57 PM ----------

Getting a kitty is a good next step for EVERYONE! :lol:

8. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Always! I actually found a Chrome extension that changes pictures of Donald Trump to pictures of kittens. lol