1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big step tonight

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by taken, Dec 19, 2016.

1. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, my girlfriend and I have been together for a little over 2 years. We've talked about how we want to get engaged and married in the future, but our lives are very hectic right now and doesn't allow for this just yet. We discussed about getting engaged but because I am in school, I don't have the money to buy her the ring that she wants/deserves. So we talked about getting those silicone "wedding bands" because we both have pretty active lifestyles anyways. But instead of them being wedding bands, they're more of a "promise ring" for us. Anyways, she wouldn't pick out what color/design she wanted so I bought what I thought she would like. I have planned dinner/date night tonight and am going to give her the ring. Only thing is, I'm not sure how to present it to her. I don't want to get down on one knee because I want to save that for the actual engagement when I can afford a diamond for her. I was thinking of having a little gift bag in the middle of the table and let her open it after dinner and after I give her a little speech... I'm really not sure how exactly to present it to her... anyone have any ideas??

2. CROSSY ROAD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should put it in her glass and have her go fill up her drink. She should notice it.

3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats!!! How did it go? What did you end up doing?

4. Lynz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aaaaaa can't believe I missed this! I love thinking out this stuff for my wife :slight_smile: how did it go?