1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if I never get married?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by jnr183, Dec 23, 2016.

1. jnr183

I've been reflecting a lot this holiday season- one of the first away from my family and spending a fair bit of time alone. I'm 34 and it seems like all of my old friends are married. I think back to 10 years ago when so many other things were equal and I can't help but feeling bad or sad that I've wasted this time in my life. I've been more and more out over the last 2-3 years but I still can't seem to find 'the one', or even one that I get into a temporary relationship with. I'm worried another 10 or 20 years will fly by and I'm going to get caught up in the same inertia. I know that marriage is not the definition to success, but I don't want to be single forever.

Sorry for the mopey post. I'm just wondering if anyone else ever feels this way and what you do about it. Happy Holidays!

2. lonewolf79

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi there,
    You're not alone at all. I feel like this sometimes... most times... I still haven't figured out what I do exactly, but speaking to some friends helps and also here in EC.
    I too wonder if I will be single forever or not... I haven't been in a relationship for almost 2 years and this is my first Christmas back with family, in my own country, in 7 years. All a little strange still.
    Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas and best for 2017.

3. afgirl

Omg...yes, I thought I had finally found "the one" after so many years alone and now that hasn't worked out. That's exactly where my mind has been lately. I know it's hard just wondering.

But yeah, it's a New Year....anything can happen.

4. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

So understand this feeling. I was so sure that I found the "one" sorta speak, but after a few months of things going back and forth between us, she told me that she wasn't really ready for anything too serious. Frustrating, as I'm tired of running around looking. sigh. Probably just the time of year, who knows.

5. Soundofmusic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i feel ya!!! I've had a great holiday but Ive been SURROUNDED by happy couples and I can't stop this nagging feeling that Im just never going to have that. :frowning2: