1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Know What the Right Thing To Do Is

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by afgirl, Dec 23, 2016.

1. afgirl

So it's been exactly ten days since that crazy phone call from my now ex-GF. What's so odd is that when something was going on, we always met to talk. I think it was kind of a big deal, so I don't know why that phone call ended up being the nail in the coffin, but I guess it was. She didn't even call me. I called her just to chat for a few minutes. I had talked to her earlier and everything seemed fine enough.

But I digress. It's been ten days. I have been feeling sad, but okay. Empty and alone, but somehow okay. It was almost a relief to end it, because I am so tired of feeling like I'm trying to get something back. Being patient when she talks about how much she hates it here and how much she hates her job. Oh wow, digressing AGAIN.

I'm not sure what to do. I have not called nor texted, and neither has she. I'm afraid that I will break the peace if I interrupt. Maybe she doesn't want to be bothered. Maybe she really wanted rid of me that much. I don't know. I felt like she wanted to break it off but just couldn't bring herself to do it and I'm not sure why. Was it because I made her that miserable or was it that she didn't want to hurt me and figured eventually I would just do it. Which, although I feel completely as though she broke up with me, technically I'm the one who told her I just couldn't do this anymore when she changed her mind about going to counseling with me.

Text her? Call her? Leave her alone? I just want her to know that I'm here...that I'm not ignoring her purposefully. I just don't want to make her unhappy. I do miss her so much.

Yes, maybe more time is what I should do. Thoughts?