1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did anyone wait for a while before telling their partner?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by LostInDaydreams, Jan 15, 2017.

1. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wondered whether anyone has been in the position of waiting for months/years to come out to their partner, and how you managed it?

I just feel so bored and trapped, I think. And jealous of anyone that's out. I feel like I'm just existing at the moment.

I've suffered from anxiety in the past and recently, so I just don't feel up to going it alone at the moment. I also don't think it's the best time to split, due to work and finances.

At the same time, I feel like I'm wasting time, and working towards a future I'm not really invested in.

I don't really get much time to myself either, which means I can't really think things through.

I'm just fed up, I guess.

I do think he might be on to me though, just from the odd comments he makes here and there.

2. stretching

Yes, I'm there. I've been through so many thoughts on what to do, and still don't know. I'm sad/irritated because with anything else I feel like i can talk with my husband about, but with this I feel like the revelation will be so life changing for us that i am hesitant to bring it up. I so wish that i had come out to myself 20-30 years ago and then i might not be in the straight-marriage predicament. But here i find myself in a tiny rural town with a bunch of kids and a husband. So even if I come out to him I won't be able to live my life as a gay person (because there just aren't very many people here!), and then we'll both be single parents and it might just all be so much more difficult than living closeted. At least the closet is a devil i know...

But I know what you mean with the feelings of boredom, jealousy, waste of time!