1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just joined a meet up and it raised some anxiety

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by ajw347, Jan 19, 2017.

1. ajw347

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I joined a LGBTQ meet up last night and now I have this anxiety about it.

I think it's because other people can see what meetups you belong to. So I feel split saying to myself this is ridiculous, "why do you care what others think?". Is it because I don't really know what I think about all these feeling yet and have only really voice then on this site? I don't want to "come out" and then find out I'm not as gay as I thought.

I want to explore my fantasies about being with a women, but I also have this nagging voice saying it's wrong to use people just to explore my sexuality.

2. topcat71

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just be honest like you have been here. It is always best. You will hopefully find someone empathetic to your situation. I have a lesbian friend who loves helping women explore their sexuality. It might take awhile, but you will find someone like minded!

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My advice is to just be honest. Also, if you want to explore your sexuality, the best bet is to find bicurious women who are in the same boat rather than fully out lesbians or bi women unless they are actually into that sort of thing. SOME lesbian/bi women are into it and even find it a turn-on, but a lot just aren't, so it can pose a risk. However, ALL bicurious women would be into it, so It's the safest bet.

4. bunnydee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You can set your setting to not display personal info so no one would know. Then when you go to the meetup event only people at the event know who you are.

---------- Post added 19th Jan 2017 at 05:35 PM ----------

added: definitely agree with other posts about being honest with the people at the meetups though. My suggestion is just because you say you are not out at all, and the setting will allow you to keep that part private.

5. Really

You can also have multiple meetup IDs for your LGBT and non-LGBT activities. :slight_smile: