1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lol, if they don't know I'm gay by now...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, Feb 9, 2017.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So at work, if my butch look, multiple pride bracelets, conversations about my girlfriend that I have with my friend here, and my emails which I've checked very occasionally with a giant LGBT logo, if all of those weren't a big enough tip off, well, then I suppose people may not be that observant... (or just don't care, fair enough)

But today my girlfriend texted me and asked who my celebrity crushes are. I named 5 different women but had to look them up online to remember their names (I think of them as their characters on shows...). So embarrassingly, I'm sitting here a moment ago scrolling through the pics of my celebrity crushes on a down moment at my desk and of course someone walks by catching me looking at my safe for work but still sexy girl photos on my computer. Haha I'm happy being out at work, but that was a bit embarrassing.

Any stories of your own? Or share your celebrity crushes, it's been a while since we've done one of those threads!

2. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    people know im Queer here, but a woman at work went to see a rap concert a few months ago, Florider. she was going on about how sexy he is etc. and I'd never heard of him so she showed me a picture..... we are all in a group and I said "mmm I could definatly be all over him." one of the other women said "he's straight...." "not when im finished with him" I said.... apparently a couple people didn't know because there was a few shocked faces BWAHAHA....

3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love it!!! :wink:

4. YeahpIdk

Sometimes I take snap shots of hot lady celebs and send them to my friends freaking out over how hot they are. You know, because it hurts in a way (maybe a good way...?), and I need to share that hurt so I'm not dealing alone. Anyway, I screenshot a picture of my bae (before anyone else) crush, Ruby Rose, with some kind of message like, "[expletive] how is she so [expletive] hot I can't [expletive] deal with it," to send to my friend. But I realized after I hit send that i sent it to my mother.

Good one, me.

My mom knows I'm into chicks and into her, but the message with it. Bleh. I wasn't thrilled to have her know just how into her I was.

Anyway, it turned out to be pretty funny. She answered something like, "Ruby Rose?" And we conversed about how hot she was for a moment, lol.

5. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ha, good way to break the ice with your mum!

Not the same, but I'm always surprised how much more comfortable my dad is than my mum talking about the tasteful but more personal details of me being gay. Honey I hope you've had (or will have) the chance to explore this, I want you to be happy, etc.

6. Loveislife

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Lol, I have the same thing, my dad seems way more relaxed with it than my mom. But maybe that's because my mum is a way more uptight person in general. Or dads are more relaxed about it in general because they can relate to you more?

7. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think my friends are getting tired of me sending photos of pretty girls with captions like "I want her face!" or "My boobs better look like that when I'm done!"

8. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mum always seemed to be the more relaxed one and a bit of an oversharer, ha. But I think my dad just really wants to be able to relate, so he has gotten comfortable with it fast.

Do you have siblings? What's it like with your siblings? My brother is so excited about me coming out, so we can talk about chicks lol! My sisters are fine with it I think but my brother is excited. :lol:

---------- Post added 9th Feb 2017 at 07:54 AM ----------

Aw, Brooke, you're going to be beautiful, because you're going to be your true self! It's good to have friends you can be open with about all of this. Especially when you're so excited for the changes in your life. Hey did you start hrt yesterday?

9. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly. I'll actually be my true self for the first time in my life, which will just radiate beauty. And yeah, it's nice to have friends to talk to. I haven't gotten the scrips yet, the pharmacy was out of everything so it won't be ready until 3 pm today...

PS. Thank you for calling me Brooke. I think it's kinda weird when you guys use my forum name. :slight_smile:

#9 BrookeVL, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  10. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's just what I'm used to, creature of habit. But I know how meaningful using your chosen name is so I'll call you that from now on :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 9th Feb 2017 at 08:51 AM ----------

That's weird it posted way before I intended to... anyway, yes you will radiate your joy and beauty and strong sense of self. Ah too bad they were out of scrips....but soon!! That's exciting, you start today!!!

#10 baristajedi, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  11. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As a dad of two daughters I maybe can shed a little light on this phenomenon. In general Dads feel protective of their daughters in a way that's different from their sons. We want our sons to be tough, self-sufficient and all those manly traits.
    In contrast our daughters give us the opportunity to, perhaps, express a gentler more tender side. Even more than we can with our wives. We hope that someday a man will come along who will continue to show a similar care and affection for this most precious being. Of course things being what they are it doesn't really work out this way.
    A BF or husband is not going to have the same relationship. In addition most people start dating young in their teens and twenties and guys are dipshits at that age. Even the best situation a father may have some reservations. I once heard giving your daughter away at her wedding as feeling like handing over a Stradivarius to a gorilla. Anyway this whole thing of your daughter being with Mr. Wrong is fraught to a degree for most dads.
    So when your daughter turns out to be lesbian those anxieties evaporate. In the dads mind women are safe and the girl is much less likely to be mistreated. He doesn't see the other girl as a potential threat. And best case scenario the relationship is good and he gets a new daughter. It's a win win.
    So flip that script for a son coming out as gay and you can get more pronounced negative reactions from fathers. This is all very generalized and based on some stereotypes but has been my perception of some of this.

12. findingjoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Funny story! Before you came out did you notice women or celebrities like that, or was it 'repressed'?

13. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you!!! Did you ever pick a name? I know you were toying with it a while back.

I can not wait to radiate all those things! I'm tired of being a grump. I also wish I could start today, but the weather had other plans...I'll pick them up tomorrow.