1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bingo, bringing your homophobic fears and sexuality to a new level of understanding

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by brainwashed, Feb 14, 2017.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hallelujah brothers and sisters a new revelation. Gather around become enlightened.

Interacting with ECs member luke564 has brought lose pieces of information and understanding together. Heres my wall message to luke654

--------------------------------------- start of message -----------------------------------------
    Oh heres another way to think of exploring your sexuality. [limited editing occurred from original post - for clarity. ]

You like food right? You like certain foods. How did you figure out what foods you like, didn't like? You explored and discovered. If you go to a foreign country, would you try foods you've never had? Would you eat food from a street stall in a small town in Thailand?

The crux is, trying food you've never had comes with no shame. In fact you and your friends may laugh about food you've tried. ~"I bit into street stall food in a back alley in Bangkok and found a tail." "A tail, omg", reply your friends. Much laughter.

But generally people have not explored and discovered their innate sexuality. Why? Because of societal shame. Homophobia land here I come.

I'm now telling society fuck you, get your grubby paws off my inner being. I have the basic human right to discover who I am without your meddling.
    ------------------------------------- end of message --------------------------------------------

There are 5 basic psychological human states - anger, fear, sadness, shame and joy

I wrote to luke564, its not easy dealing with ~"what's my sexuality". [now new material] Why? Because of fear and sadness and shame. The naysayers to peace and love use a humans basic psychological states to their advantage.

The naysayers are causing each and every beautiful gay person to turn a gun to their head and have a breakdown. Some pull the trigger, like one of my gay friends.

It's not easy dealing with ones sexuality and one has to use the one weapon they have to fight it. JOY.

So like finding joy in trying different foods, one has to find joy in dealing with, whats my sexuality? So go out and explore and discover what YOU like.

Hallelujah!

#1 brainwashed, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  2. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Re: Bingo, bringing your homophobic fears and sexuality to a new level of understandi

Thanks for helping me, and taking the time to message me!

3. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Bingo, bringing your homophobic fears and sexuality to a new level of understandi

I love the food analogy!

I was asked, recently, by a new gay friend how I could be a bisexual. He didn't understand how I could continue to desire my wife, yet desire men. And, if I did desire both, why not be satisfied with one or the other. I told him it was sort of like italian and mexican food. I love them both...don't make me choose one over the other for the rest of my life! And, don't make me tell you which one is better. It depends on the chef.

This topic makes me hungry.

4. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I love this! I'm particularly fond of Asian food! :lol:

5. Mj5963

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Appreciate the posts as a married guy for 25+ years been questioning my sexualith and really processing it all , I enjoy many perspectives . The journey is difficult but finding many who have gone through it helps for sure . No gun thoughts here ever ever ever , love life regardless of what lies ahead for me

6. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I love the fact you love the food analogy. Sweet. I stumbled upon it while interacting with luke564. Helping luke564, a semi new person to ECs proves it's beneficial to help others. This also proves that ECs rocks, for we get to interact with others.

I used to use walking and running analogy. But that lacked something. The food is it because it's a) so universal, b) is so human, c) so varied.

God I'm hungry for Thai street stall food.....but hold the tail please.