1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i don't have a thread title

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, Feb 20, 2017.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well the flat search has gone from steadily looking and aiming for april to now being number one priority, and aiming for as soon as humanly possible to get the hell out of that shared space (so long as it allows for minimal disruption to our daughter).

Ex husband is working really hard at earning an asshole award.

Not in a great mood today.... how's everyone else doing?

2. WarmEmbrace

Sorry to hear that Barista, hang in there. (*hug*)

Maybe it helps to remember that sometimes people are arse-holes because they are themselves scared and/or don't know how to cope. Does not make it right from him to be an arse-hole, but it may help your own balance to keep that in mind when dealing with whatever it is that he is doing.

On my side I'm doing so-so, seeing a second therapist in parallel with my usual one to try and sort our more of the mess going on in my head :slight_smile:. Got a second phone and new prepaid different sim card so i can keep in contact with people from some LGBT meet-ups via whatsapp and whatnot without revealing my old phone number.
    Aside from that I've been part of the street protests over here in Bucharest for a while, so I had less time for myself and for online forums :slight_smile: . But now taking a step back from protesting and will be online a bit more :slight_smile: (&&&)

#2 WarmEmbrace, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey jedi, sorry your STBX is being a douch towards you. and yes speeding up your schedule is always an option. perhaps some distance is what he and you need to be able to communicate better. and for him to calm down about the situation. like warm embrace said he's probably scared too.

for me, well I've stopped kicking my arse over messing up my date Saturday night:dry: and I actually had a good visit with the ex yesterday when I went to the city to pick up my son from his weekend with her. im actually shocked, she gave me a real hug when we were leaving and I told her I was glad she was happy now, and she told me the same....wow.

4. afgirl

Well, I'm sure he is having a difficult time with this whole situation. He probably has good days and bad days, and maybe today he realizes this is really happening. Not really trying to make excuses for him. I mean, I know nothing about him and you obviously do. Just has to have major ups and downs for everyone involved.

I am doing okay. It's President's Day so have the day off. Thought I was going to sleep in, but my precious puppies had other plans. :wink:

5. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry to hear that your STBX is acting like a jerk. Dealing with the angry spouse is part of the process for many people who are separating, so you need to deal with it and separate as soon as you can. Try to focus on the future in a positive light - you are doing what is necessary to make a better life for yourself and dealing with the angry spouse is part of that process. Don't let his reactions ruin your mood.