1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Is Not What I Hoped For

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by 99701, Feb 22, 2017.

1. 99701

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The guy I've been dating since December told me right away he didn't want a monogamous relationship. I tried to deal with it and was hoping that would change eventually. It's gotten too stressful to deal with. I have a great time whenever we're together, but get very depressed when I know he's with someone else. For my own sanity, I broke it off yesterday. Hopefully, the hurt won't last too long and I'll find someone else someday, but I'm not very confident of that. I've found people are not interested in me due to my disability. I have MS and use a scooter to get around. That's a big part of why I wish this had worked, he wasn't bothered at all by my limitations. Oh well, life goes on.

2. r2de2baca

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    you found him you will find another. you deserve what you want. you are not asking for too much.

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry. Sounds like an awful situation, but I don't think monogamy's one you should compromise on. At least he told you upfront so you could make a decision--so often people find they don't have a monogamous relationship in much less straightforward ways. You found an honest one, next time you'll find one whose honest and wants the same sort of relationship you want.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry this guy and you weren't a good fit. That said, don't ever expect to "change his mind" about what he wants. If a guy says he's not interested in monogamy, it's best to just accept that as a given.

It sounds like you at least had some positive experiences over the past weeks. Take those with you, and get back out there. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry for your difficulty but glad the guy was up front so you could make an informed decision.