1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i came out to someone new and old

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by r2de2baca, Feb 22, 2017.

1. r2de2baca

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    old: guy that was like my mentee and friend. few years apart. almost like a lil brother but now he is grown and married with kids. did not want to disappoint him. came out to him though and he was supportive so far. basically told him i have avoided him so i couldnt let him down. he was sad to hear that. but said nothing changed. yay!!

new: met a guy at a concert and he was gay i could tell and i just came out to him first.

one thing about coming out is you dont have to lie to these people anymore of feel like you have to keep them in a straight world box.you can just be who you are. yay.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, early40s!:thumbsup: Technically, it gets easier to Come Out, the more you do it, but, of course, that seems to totally depend on who you are Coming Out to.

Your friend who is like a little brother to you will probably need some time to adjust and fully accept what you told him, but at least his initial reaction was positive.:slight_smile:

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It becomes a bit addicting doesn't it? The rush of confidence after coming out to someone is brilliant and the goal when making yourself vulnerable!

#3 OnTheHighway, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017